Airline Complaints

Go Back   AirlineComplaints.org > International Airline Complaints > Etihad Airways Complaints > Reservations
Register About Us FAQ Tips Airline Contacts Links Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reservations Had a problem making, or with, any Reservations?

Free Dating Site

Old 02-26-2012, 09:36 PM

Default Problem With having No Surname

I have a return flight on Etihad for LHR-AUH-DEL in two weeks time. The problem here is my passport ( and all other documents) does not have a second name. I only have a first name. So while booking my tickets, I booked with First Name as my name "Nishant" and second name as "NA" for not applicable. When I called up the support centre, they were adamant that I should get my name changed but I don't realise my fault. There was no other way I could book my ticket. I understand that I should get my second name added to all my official document but as of current I only have a first name and so this was the only way I could book my tickets.
Will I face problems while boarding? Having flagged this before hand shouldn't this be resolved with ease? And while I was reading other similar threads, I have also booked through travel agents and dont want to go through the hassle of going to and fro between the agent and airline.

Can somebody help me out. I fly in approx 2 weeks.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:39 AM
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE
Airline Employee

Dear Nishant,

If you could let me have your PNR reference, and your flight details by DM, I shall look into this for you.

Thank you.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:43 AM

Thanks a lot. I got a call from Etihad and my problem was resolved Extremely grateful for the service.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:08 PM

Default Have no last name,booked flight ticket with N as last name

i have a similar case with spicejet.
my dad is flying to Muscat and i have booked ticket with last name a 'N' mean 'Not applicable'
i checked with air line they are asking me to cancel and rebook.
he is traveling after 2 days and to rebook ,no way i can afford the price.

kindly help.
regards
abhilash
Old 06-28-2014, 09:34 PM

Default Surname Change on Etihad, please help

Dear Cazzi,

My boyfriend booked a ticket online but made a mistake with his last name. He filled in his first name as his last name so his name on the ticket is Warren Warren. He immediately contacted an etihad representative to change his last name but was told that they are unable to make any amendments and that the only solution is to buy another ticket since his ticket is non refundable. When he started complaining that the solution they gave him was ridiculous, he was told to send an e-mail to [email protected]. He immediately sent an e-mail explaining the issue and got a call from an agent. He was told to send a copy of his passport and that he would have to pay 75 USD as penalty for the surname change. It has been almost a week after he sent his passport copy but has not received any reply. His flight is drawing near and he has e-mailed every possible etihad*related e-mail addresses he can find to try to come up with a solution. He feels ignored and helpless and we don't know who else to turn to for help and we figured that you may be the only one who can help us with our problem...*

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Mee