PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service 2 hour call to british airways

no7agency
Sep 27, 2015, 10:20 AM
After a really bad flight from LHR to BKK sat for 12 hours with a faulty IFE release knob stuck in my leg and a faulty food tray I decided to complain to British Airways. After 5 months of nonsense I received an e-mail saying to get in touch urgently, I really though that eventually my issues would be addressed. How wrong was I.

This is the phone call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdkokiIlMhA

no7agency
Sep 27, 2015, 10:32 AM
Hope you managed to watch the whole video...

I am in Business and understand that complaints happen for example;

I had an upset client on the phone about three weeks ago, very angry and really upset about an issue, I apologised and agreed to investigate the issue and get back to him the following afternoon.

I jumped in my car drove twenty minutes to the local shopping mall, purchased a small gift and had it sent with UPS to his office.

The next day this client sent me an e-mail apologising for being angry with me and that he was very happy with the gift and that his faith had been restored, the same day one of my engineers exchanged his box for a newer model at no extra charge.

Since that incident this client has introduced two new clients and invited me to a recent charity Golf day.

Look after your customers and they will look after you!

BA couldn't give a F$CK, its all standard response drivel.

I was told by BA the following;

Dear Mr Harding

Thanks for asking about the information we hold about you, as you’re entitled to do under the Data Protection Act 1998.

So we’re sure we have a written request on file from you, making it clear which areas you would like us to search, can you complete the enclosed form? Please return the form to:

Data Protection Manager
Information Security
British Airways Plc
Waterside (HDB2)
PO Box 365
Harmondsworth
UB7 0GB

British Airways has notified the Information Commissioner of a number of purposes for which we might use personal data, and you’re welcome to ask for a search under any of these headings. You'll find them on the Information Commissioner's website for British Airways Plc (under reference Z8475086) at www.ico.gov.uk.

If we can offer any further help on data protection issues at British Airways, please write to our Data Protection Manager at the above address.

We really want you to fly with us again and we know by not resolving your complaint fully, it'll affect the decisions you make when you need to travel in the future. I’ve had another look at your complaint, including your most recent letter/email and have taken time to review your concerns with care and sensitivity. I’ve also spoken to my manager to make sure we’ve offered an appropriate apology.

I’m afraid we can’t change our decision this time because we believe what we’ve offered you is fair. I know this isn’t the answer you were hoping for and I’m really sorry to let you down.

We’re grateful you’ve taken the time to let us know what happened and how you were affected. It’s only through your feedback we know what went wrong and we can focus on making sure it doesn’t happen again.

Given the information you’ve provided, our answer won’t change and we’re unable to respond to any further requests for a refund or compensation.

Best regards
Scott Clark
British Airways Customer Relations
Your case reference is:XXXXXXXXX