AirlineComplaints.org

AirlineComplaints.org (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/index.php)
-   British Airways Complaints (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   Customer Service appalling treatment when flight was cancelled (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/showthread.php?t=12833)

denosav Nov 9, 2015 12:58 PM

appalling treatment when flight was cancelled

The flight BA0235 from London Heathrow to Moscow was cancelled on 15th of September 2015. Nearly two months after (6 November 2015 today), I still haven't received the refund and compensation, for which airline confirmed to have all the documentation on 30th of September, and promised a soon refund on 20th of October - way over seven days, required by the Regulations. At no point airline offered anything required by Articles 9 and 14 in the Regulations. The customer service was very dismissive throughout, required continuous chasing, only agreed to pay compensation and refund when threatened with court action, and wouldn't offer anything more sensible than "we are sorry for the delay" in response to complaints and requests to provide an explanation of the Regulations breach. At this point, they are "investigating", and I still haven't received a refund or compensation. This case was reported to CAA. I had no other choice but to open a court case against the airline to get my refund and compensation.

AJF Dec 14, 2015 6:13 AM

I share your frustration. Having been a loyal BA customer for many years I was treated the same way. BA's Customer Relations team is an absolute disgrace. They treat passengers with contempt and are completely uncaring. They lied to me and failed to meet the commitments stated on their website.

As a result I no longer use BA (unless there is no reasonable alternative) and have warned friends and colleagues about BA.

Good luck with your compensation claim! BA seems to rely on people giving up after their first negative response.

denosav Dec 14, 2015 11:29 AM

Thank you. BA now refunded/compensated me, but the court case is still open to recover my 35 court fee for opening the case. They also failed to provide passenger rights as per Reg261/2004, ignored my written application to request it, and eventually, after I followed up on that, pointed me at their web-site and suggested I print my own copy of it. CAA responded vaguely, so I am following this up with them. And the matter was forwarded to our MP. Hope that some legitimate pressure could help BA (and possibly, CAA?) to improve.