AirlineComplaints.org

AirlineComplaints.org (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/index.php)
-   Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Customer Service Alaska Airlines ignores customer's needs (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/showthread.php?t=14689)

louangelola Nov 8, 2019 5:40 PM

Alaska Airlines ignores customer's needs

I have a complaint about customer service at Alaska Airlines.
I had booked my flight six weeks in advance. I paid for their Premium Class upgrade, and reserved an aisle seat. The Premium Class service, and the aisle seat, are both important to me, because I suffer from pain in my feet and legs, and the extra leg room, combined with the ability to occasionally stand in the aisle without climbing over another passenger allow me to relieve the frequent discomfort I encounter on long flights. Had there been no aisle seats available in Premium Class when I was booking the flight I would have chosen another flight. On the day of the flight, my seat assignment was changed to a middle seat, even after I had checked in online. The email I received informing me of Alaska’s corporate decision offered no explanation, no apology, and no compensation for my extreme inconvenience. I was told the seating change was for “an operational need” or some such corporate double speak. The woman at the check-in said she was not able to discuss the reason I was being moved, as if it were some top secret espionage maneuver. Of course I saw the person who was given my seat, and he appeared to be perfectly healthy, and more than able to sit in the middle seat to which I was moved. I was neither consulted nor informed of the reason. Just moved. I filed a complaint with Alaska Airlines. I received a form letter that gave no indication that anyone in their complaint department had actually read my letter. I filed a subsequent complaint about the form letter, to which I have not received a reply. The day after the fight, my leg and foot were very painful. I cannot directly attribute my discomfort to the cramped quarters on the flight, but there certainly seems to be a correlation. The way I was treated by Alaska Airlines is disrespectful and uncaring about my health and the care I took in planning my travel.

A320FAN Nov 8, 2019 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by louangelola (Post 34257)
I have a complaint about customer service at Alaska Airlines.

Sounds like you were moved to accommodate law enforcement also known as a air marshal. So yes you can be moved, and the reasons do not have to be disclosed to you as to why.