AirlineComplaints.org

AirlineComplaints.org (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/index.php)
-   American Airlines Complaints (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Check-in / Boarding American Airlines - The Worst Of The Worst! (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/showthread.php?t=7878)

jimmysingh Oct 28, 2010 10:26 PM

American Airlines - The Worst Of The Worst!

Oct 28, 2010

DFW to BUR. Got to the check in line at 12 PM. At 1 PM, get to speak with counter agent. Told ...."...too late....you should check in 1 hr prior to departure...."

Then he makes me throw out my perfume (brand new Burburry, Chanel), other toiletries, so I can take the check in bag thru TSA and check in at the gate. Get to the gate, flight is gone. Put on "stand-by." next flight leaves at 8 PM, almost 5 hrs later. Wasting my life (work as a contractor and as such am losing money every hour).....

Such poor service - never again - BOYCOTT AMERICAN AIR. Have a video of my encounter - will post it on my blog!!:mad:

bilingual Oct 29, 2010 11:45 AM

So you are late for a flight, AA is trying to help you reach it, by letting you bring your check-in bag to the gate, and it is all the fault of Americal Airlines?

cortney Oct 30, 2010 10:44 AM

it sounds like he was actually trying to help you. the agent probably knew that with you checking in late your bag wouldnt make the flight so he was trying to offer you help by gate checking the bag. and we all (hopefully by now) no the 3-1-1 rule. he tried to help you make the flight by the looks of it

stevicus Oct 30, 2010 3:25 PM

If he got to the check-in line at 12:00, and it took an hour before he could speak with a counter agent, then I would put that on American Airlines. There's no excuse for making passengers wait that long just to check in. They should have had more people on staff to check people in.

I was in a similar situation with American Airlines leaving out of LGA. I got to the airport about 2 hours ahead of time, and it looked like an overcrowded refugee shelter. The check-in counters looked they had about 10-12 workstations, yet only about 2 or 3 were actually manned.

To me, there's really no excuse for this. The airlines KNOW how many flights they have going out, how many passengers they have, etc., so it's not as if they can be surprised by an "unexpected rush."