AirlineComplaints.org

AirlineComplaints.org (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/index.php)
-   Swiss Air Complaints (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   Swiss Air - Baggage & Racism (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/showthread.php?t=5712)

shrirang_n Dec 15, 2009 1:47 PM

Swiss Air - Baggage & Racism

Hi everyone

I am a regular air traveler , I was traveling on the Amsterdam - Zurich - Mumbai Sector on 7 Dec 2009 - Swiss air Flt - LX737 & LX154 and had the worst flying experience of my life.

While checking in my two bags, I was informed that I was three Kgs excess & that I would have to adjust the baggage & carry some items on me as cabin baggage, but when I did the adjustments & returned to the check in counter, I was informed that the excess was 5 Kgs and that I would have to pay 150 Euros.

Moreover I was threatened that If I did not pay immediately I will be missing my flight. The staff behavior was very rude and like black mail, It also seemed that it had a lot to do with the colour of my passport as well as the colour of my skin.

I have demanded justice & asked for refund ... can any one suggest something more for a quick resolution to this issue

Shrirang
[email protected]

jimworcs Dec 15, 2009 2:13 PM

The only problem is there is no objective evidence for your complaint. Weight of baggage is not subjective. The scales show the weight, and you either meet that or not.

I am not sure how you would establish racism.. unless they clearly and obviously treated others differently, or said something to you, what basis do you have?

I think you may have to write this one off as "a bad day at the office".

Silent Bob Dec 15, 2009 7:10 PM

I have a suggestion: travel lighter. How do you go from 3kgs to 5kgs??? I don't see any racism here either. It looks as though they gave you an opportunity to repack, some airlines will insist you pay right away.

that doesn't sound like a threat, sounds like you didn't wanna pay for your bags. Of course they will not check you in if you don't pay. why not simply repack and carry on the excess?

wkharris2001 Dec 16, 2009 2:07 AM

just an observation

from my experience checking people in. sometimes you get down to that critical moment of baggage cut off for a flight. in our system it literally prohibits you from checking a bag in after the cut off..... so you have to at that time make the decision, you either pay for the excess or you leave the bag there..... sometimes you don't have time to repack. i wasn't there with the check in staff so i can't really make assumptions but it sounds to me like they arrived late for check in. and had nothing to do with the color of the passport or the color of skin.

shrirang_n Dec 16, 2009 4:26 AM

Originally Posted by jimworcs (Post 14024)

I think you may have to write this one off as "a bad day at the office".

What you say may be correct ... there is no proof for black mail & racism it has to be expierienced ... something that I did when checking in on the flight as mentioned

shrirang_n Dec 16, 2009 4:32 AM

Originally Posted by Silent Bob (Post 14032)

All this has to be expierienced ... Swiss Air is notorious for being partial and rude at the check in counter ... I too have to find out how the weight increased from 3 Kgs to 5 Kgs after repacking and adjustments, but the fact does not go away that I felt cheated and humilated

PHXFlyer Dec 16, 2009 12:11 PM

Yeah so you just decided to "play the race card." Nice. Perhaps it is you who are a bit racist for seeing something where nothing exists.

NewJerseyDevils Dec 16, 2009 1:33 PM

Originally Posted by shrirang_n (Post 14021)
Hi everyone

Shrirang
[email protected]

I guess all the airlines are racist under your logic because they are all going to charge you if your luggage is 10+ pounds overweight.
If I was standing behind you I would demand justice and ask for a refund to have to wait for you to repack 10 pounds.

Leatherboy2006 Dec 17, 2009 3:48 AM

I have to say I am so sick of always when something doesn't go someone's way "its racism...the color of my skin", it is so out of control especially here in the USA. It's ok for blacks to discriminate against whites but the minute something is done to them, Jesse Jackson holds a march.
Lets just all play in the sandbox nice and civil.