AirlineComplaints.org

AirlineComplaints.org (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/index.php)
-   Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked The WORST experience ever (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/showthread.php?t=7533)

LeiLei929 Aug 31, 2010 4:09 PM

The WORST experience ever

I just had the WORST experience flying that I've ever had. I had just found out that my mom had been placed on life support and I tried to get the first flight out of Boston to Tampa. The first flight had a connection in Philly with a half hour layover which wasn't too bad. However, that "half hour" ended up being FOUR hours in Philly which was time lost and wasted, it was the worst time I've ever had in light of everything going on. I had to rush back on Tuesday "afternoon" to take my son to college at 5 the next morning, only to arrive in DC (connecting flight) and find that ALL flights to Boston had been CANCELLED! Eventually they spread everyone out on different flights without telling anyone where they are exactly and how they did these "calculations" for throwing people on different flights...I ended up on an "express" plane BACK to Philly with a connecting flight TWO HOURS later...needless to say I didn't get home until early a.m. I was under so much stress and pressure that the hassle I went through to GET to Florida and GET home was too much...
:mad:

Techvestco Sep 27, 2010 12:50 AM

You made two mistakes.

Us airways and Philly. Both r losers. Neither care about their visitors or clients. Philly is notoriously horrific. I am sitting on a us airways flight as we speak. We have been sitting on the tarmac for nearly two hours waiting to go to Boston. Lie after lie that don't even make any sense. When I asked what the protocol was for how long planes can sit on the tarmac before going back to the terminal I was told that "we're not even close". I have been flying out of Philly for four decades. It is one of the worst airports in the world. Always has been. Always will be. Avoid it if you can. And us airways? Everyone knows it sucks. Always has. Always will. We are just screwed Americans who are willing to sit like sheep while the airline industry screws us year after year, decade after decade. Oh well, guess it's just life in the third world. Get use to it.

The_Judge Sep 27, 2010 12:54 AM

Texting after being told in the pre-flight announcement (that you apparently didn't listen to) to shut off your cellphone. I know people like you. Are you from Philly???? :)

Butch Cassidy Slept Here Sep 27, 2010 4:42 AM

5 to 6 hours, Philly to Boston on Amtrak

TECHVESTCO: From 30th Street Station, Philadelphia, to South Station, Boston is about 6 hours on a regular Northeast Corridor train, and about 5 hours using Amtrak's Acela trains. All trains offer a premium class service.

Instead you deal with the Neanderthals that are the TSA workers at PHL, then you give your money to USeless Air. Considering that Amtrak service is downtown to downtown, are you, actually, saving time by flying?? If so, how much time? Is it worth it??

Remember, an Amtrak Cafe Car porter will NOT call the cops on you if you ask for orange juice (ala American Air's Helen the orange juice lady.)

The_Judge Sep 27, 2010 7:07 AM

-deleted- which begs the question, why isn't there an option to delete a post?

mperera1 Oct 28, 2010 7:18 PM

U.S. Airway is aweful. Their employees couldn't figure out the expiration date on his passport. He missed his flight and is still at the airport. He is over 70 years old and shouldn't have to go through this. This airline is aweful! Don't fly U.S. Airways!

mperera1 Oct 28, 2010 7:19 PM