AirlineComplaints.org

AirlineComplaints.org (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines Complaints (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Baggage Problems lost luggage (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/showthread.php?t=10353)

FirstTimeFlyer Sep 27, 2012 10:21 PM

lost luggage

I have not flown in 23 years. I called Delta to find out the regulations since I had my 83 year old dad with me and I wanted to make this short trip to our family reunion as simple as possible. I packed EVERYTHING in a small suitcase planning to take it on board.Put a giant snap on personal tag with my name and address and phone.
EVERYTHING went wrong. 1)computers down @ airport 2) forced to check in my suitcase and dads walker 3) flight late so missed connecting flight 4) walker made it to destination,my suitcase did not. Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks and everybody has a different story as to where my luggage might be. Today I receive a call after I file an itemized bill and was told I could not be reimbursed for all of my jewelry nor my expensive camera Nobody will transfer me to managment to make a formal complaint, I am told I cannot go any higher and today I was told this was my last verbal call from them to me.Is there anything else I can do?

remybanda Nov 16, 2012 10:35 AM

Yes, you can

There certainly is something you can do! I can only suppose that since as you say 2 weeks have passed without your bag being found, the Airline is looking at compensating you. Unfortunately, their ‘limited liability’ rules exempt your carrier from compensating ‘valuables’ and that include jewelry, currency etc. in baggage. 2 – 3 weeks will pass before a final sum will be offered in compensation and it will be much, much less than you are looking to be compensated. If you are not happy with the offer, don’t sign the ‘Release and Indemnity’ form which exempts airlines from further claims regarding the issue at hand. Fax back the reasons for your disputing the offer. Be strong as you are up against a complex warren of legal provisions. Try to contact someone on the Board of the Airline (don’t try to find out from your usual airline staff of the insurance offices which makes the payment offer). Next time, it will be somewhere to start.

carrynoincident

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.