AirlineComplaints.org

AirlineComplaints.org (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/index.php)
-   Spirit Airlines Complaints (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Suggestion Unacceptable conditions (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/showthread.php?t=6425)

Casey Mar 27, 2010 6:15 PM

Unacceptable conditions

We had 3 adults in our group flying round trip, leaving Detroit at 8pm on 03/18/2010 and returning on 03/22/2010. Flight # 711 was filthy with debris and leftover garbage from previous passengers on the floors and in the seat pockets. The male flight steward was sarcastic to other passengers. The seats were so close to each other, that it would be impossible to assume the crash position if necessary. Isn't that unsafe? All beverages, even water-cost extra. Seat assignment cost extra. I thought buying a ticket meant reserving a seat! Are you kidding? .. "Upgrading" to a (normal) sized seat cost extra. Spirit used to be a favorite of ours. The quality is awful now and I will never recommend using or spend my money on Spirit Airlines again. The savings weren't really much different than other airlines. I chose Spirit because it used to be a very good airline. No more with this airline.... I heard at least 12 passengers with my same complaints. Noone wants to begin and end their long awaited vacation with this bad experience. Thank you for taking time to read this complaint.

The_Judge Mar 28, 2010 4:16 AM

When was the last time you flew them? Theyve been charging for everything for over 3 years. Checking luggage, anything to drink, bigger seats......everything you named. This is the epitome of the low-cost carrier. The tickets may be cheaper but they'll try to make it back by charging people for whatever they can.

jimworcs Mar 28, 2010 7:34 AM

Casey Mar 28, 2010 6:15 PM

Triplicate Complaint

Point taken. I apologize for annoying you...or amusing you...I'm not sure which. Regardless, being unfamiliar and new to this process, I goofed. Sorry to have offended you enough to have you comment in such a polite manner. Seems a bit petty...but nevertheless important to you. Have a wonderful and perfect day.

Casey Mar 28, 2010 6:22 PM

Originally Posted by The_Judge (Post 15849)

I guess it's been quite a while since I have been lucky enough to go on a plane. I realize that times have changed and with the cost of a cheaper ticket comes less frill. However, my sister flew Delta, paid a little bit more and was very pleased with her seat, a drink and a snack. I guess I will be flying Delta from now on, now that I know. Please don't misunderstand me, I just wasn't ready for all of the changes at once...especially since the fare wasn't that great of a bargain. Thanks for your response though. I did read up on the luggage and do understand why this is important. My gripe is with the cleanliness, seat charge, attitude and charge for water. Again, thanks for your response. :)

jimworcs Mar 28, 2010 6:41 PM

Going from Spirit to Delta seems like going from the frying pan into the fire...!!

Not offended.. it was intended to be a bit of fun.. I wouldn't take this too seriously!!

Billz Mar 4, 2012 6:24 AM

What Can Spirit do to Improve?

Start at the top - put a CEO in charge who actually believes customers warrant good to excellent customer service. From what I have read about the CEO, his negative attitude is pretty much reflected in the attitude of his employees.

Of course, in all fairness to the employees, if they have to listen to customers complain as much and as often as I suspect they do, given the poor quality of product and services provided by Spirit - I suppose I would be cranky, too.

I realize they are a discount carrier, but they seem to use that label as an excuse to provide absolutely zero customer service and to treat customers who dare to complain or request assistance with disdain.

I have read several Airline supports who suggest that since Spirit is a discount carrier, any complaint about service goes out the window. You know, "What do you expect, you purchased cheap tickets from a discount carrier?!"

Regardless of the cost or the type of service or products being offered, the price should have nothing to do with delivery of those products and/or services.

If a company cannot provide the services as advertised, who's fault is that? The customer?!

I bet all those supporters would just shrug their shoulders and go on their merry way without a peep, if they paid "in advance" to have their car worked on. After a day at the shop, when they return to pick their car, the mechanic pushes their car out the bay door, hands them their money, and says, can't get to it today. Try the garage down the street - oh, and you need to get that car off my property. Then turns and goes in his garage without further comment or help.

I'm sure they would simply say, "Ah, shucks," and call a tow truck without uttering a single complaint.