AirlineComplaints.org

AirlineComplaints.org (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/index.php)
-   Spirit Airlines Complaints (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Spirit air are thieves (https://www.AirlineComplaints.org/showthread.php?t=14220)

dweber Jun 25, 2018 6:17 PM

Spirit air are thieves

I am so disappointed and saddened by my treatment of Spirit Airlines.
My son and I were booked on a cruise to celebrate his new job. He got time off for this trip, we saved for a year.
We were booked on the flight NK 103 from Myrtle Beach to Fort Lauderdale on April 21 at 7:58 am landing in FLL at 9:40am. Upon arrival at the airport in MYR, there was a huge line, we got there at 6:15 am. We were informed that our flight was “delayed” to 3:10, then later to 5:04. We were cruising out of Miami that day and had to be on the ship by 2pm. I saw a roaming agent and had my son stand in line and I went to ask her what to do as we had an emergency, she very rudely said “Get to the back of the line!” so I knew I had to do something as our $3,000 cruise was at stake, so I left my son in line and went to see about another flight at another airline.
I booked American Airlines flight 774 to Charlotte then flight 148 to Miami to get there in time. I spent $1,088.60 to get to our cruise plus my flight that was “delayed” it should say canceled, for $230.58. It was such a stressful day, we had to fly to Charlotte and then to Miami to get there the worst was all the money I had to pay. I expect a reimbursement for this as it was nothing I did, it was Spirits fault.
Once to Miami we had to scurry to the cruise port, once on the ship we did not have phone service. When I got to Fort Lauderdale on April 28 for our return flight, I went to the Spirit desk to ask about how to get a refund for my previous situation and possible reimbursement for the flight I had to pay for. She informed me that I had to go to the other side of the airport to speak to the customer service agent at the front Spirit desk. I could not get there and back to the gate by boarding time and I have a bad knee and couldn’t walk that far and she seemed to not care.
I waited and boarded the flight, then asked the Myrtle Spirit agent once we landed. The man there said please write by email to this address.. was a customer service email.. then he said Do not call, you will just get someone in Pakistan who will not help you at all.
SO upon arriving home I started my emails and such to ask for help. All I get is the run around and nothing has been done. After arguing and being called a liar by Kaiana C. of their customer service I am out of patience.
I have two more trips scheduled for the same type of travel, cruising the day of the flight, and I am now scared to fly with you. 9:40 arrival I suspected was plenty of time to get to the cruise port, now I am wondering if I should continue flying with Spirit.

Phinu Jun 27, 2018 3:21 PM

Sorry for your problem. It is not just Spirit, any airline can have this trouble. We always arrive the day before for a cruise. We live in Florida and the only ports we will drive to on the same day are Pt Canaveral or Tampa. Travelling to South Florida we leave the day before. If there is an accident on a limited access road we could still miss a 4 pm cruise.