Old Mar 21, 2017, 9:28 AM
susanmoffat susanmoffat is offline

Join Date: Mar 2017

Have you had any luck? The same has happened re my lost bag, I'm being ignored! It's terrible. We are already victims so make us feel better NOT worse. I really don't understand why they just ignore people. It's a huge international company! Please see below:

Hi,

Just wondering what the outcome was and if you have any contact details that may help me.

AA lost my bag on MIA-JFK on 4th January. I was continually told they were searching for it. After close to 40 emails back and forth I was told the case would be closed on March 20th.

After having to fill in a claim for all my belongings which were worth over $5,000. They said as I had no receipts they would give me 2,246. Even things I had receipts for they decided not to pay out for those things. So after asking over 2 weeks ago for my bank details, which I sent. I have heard nothing. I have emailed 5 times during this time, just to be ignored.

It's now past the deadline and I've no idea what to do as they just ignore me. I feel like they've just stolen my stuff and offered me no compensation. I was on a 10 day trip over NY in the Bahamas and had all my best shoes and bags etc. Things I've bought from all over the world and were precious to me. I understand bags go missing but surely the service recovery and the customer service you receive after is paramount.

As I'm in the UK I am not sure who to go to next to get this issue sorted. It has caused me numerous sleepless nights and stress.

Can anyone help?