Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:37 AM
aonghas aonghas is offline

Join Date: Sep 2012

I have 80,000 KLM Airmiles – which they say they are going to ZERO – if I don’t make a booking before 30th Sept 2012.

You can book up to 10 months in advance for air mile tickets (so they say!)

2 days ago I did some research on how I could get a married couple I know from Aberdeen to Paris in Oct or Dec or Mar 2013 – and I found 4 options for them (40,000 for the 2 + 130 Euros tax) – sounded good.
Tonight I went to book their chosen option – and NONE of the 5 options that were available for DIRECT flights from ABZ-CDG-ABZ were available from Oct 2012 – July 2013 !!!

Of course plenty air-miles seats on the 10 hour (return)BZ-AMS-CDG-AMS-ABZ – ALL DIRECT FLIGHT AWARDS FOR 10 MONTHS GONE IN 48 HOURS – I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.

CLEARLY WHAT KLM/AF FLYING BLUE HAVE DONE (I CHECK BOTH WEBSITES) IS “BLOCK” AWARD TICKETS ON THE DIRECT ABZ-CDG-ABZ ROUTE (2 hours) AND RESHUFFLED THEM TO THE “STOPOVER” AT AMS (5 houes each way).

I USED THEM A LOT IN THE LAST 9 YEARS FLYING ON BUSINESS TO JAPAN, CHINA, MALYASIA, SINGAPORE and HOUSTON.

THEY MUST THINK PEOPLE ARE STUPID THAT THEY CANNOT DETECT THESE UNETHICAL BLOCK “MOVES” OF ELIGIBLE ROUTES – LEAVINF FB AT THE BACK OF THE Q – WHEN IN FACT THOSE DIRECT FLIGHT SEATS ARE SUPPOSED ALLOCATED ON A % BASIS FOR FB CUSTOMERS.

ONCE I SPEND THESE 80,000 AIR MILES – I AM NEVER TRAVELLING WITH THEM AGAIN !