Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:28 PM
rpsmith1906 rpsmith1906 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2016

I was the proud owner of a Galaxy Note7. After returning home from a 7 day cruise, I was faced with one of the worst days of my life. My boat arrived on time, and I returned to the airport via the NCL shuttle service. I was checked in via Delta Sky Priority due to my first class tickets. After checking my bag, I and my family went through the TSA check point to head toward terminal H where we ate lunch. At this point, there was no indication that there would be a problem with our flight. No one talked to use about the TSA change nor were there any signs indicating the ban on the phone. Once we completed lunch, we went to terminal H11 where we waited for our plan to arrive. Again…. No signs no indication…. 5 minutes before boarding, an announcement was made that indicated that the Note7 would not be allowed on the plan. Anyone with a Note7 was asked to come to the desk. I felt I had to do the right thing and I responded in kind. I have never felt so isolated and abandoned in my life. I was told that there were no options for me. I was told that I would be rebooked at “no charge”, but it would be my responsibility to dispose of the phone… Why would your airline expect me to throw away “dispose” of a $1000 phone. Your airline had no intention of refunding me the cost of the phone. I asked to speak to a manager that gave me the same response and indicated that I could try to locate a UPS or FedEX and have it shipped via ground transportation. Since I am not from Miami and I was trying to travel back home. ( BTW, your airline had no issue taking my money nor flying me to Miami ) I then called my cell phone company and pleaded my case, they basically stated that I had to go to a store for them to help. ( This makes since, I was in your store…. ) After talking to TSA, they walked me back to the Delta counter where I again asked for options. In my mind, the simple answer would be for Delta to ship my phone back to my home as a courtesy. Again, I’m a customer. I paid for first class tickets. Why would a company that makes so much treat their customers this way. The manager at the front desk suggested that I google the address of the AT&T store and go take care of the problem. So I was expected to find transportation to the nearest AT&T store in traffic and find my way back in time to get on a plane an hour later. ( I was told this was the last flight of the day. ) Meanwhile, I sent my family ahead so they could make it home safely. After 2 taxis, 70 dollars in fares, and 2 AT & T stores later, I returned to the airport phoneless to barely make my flight. After all of this, I learned 3 things…… 1) There were others on the flight with the note7. 2) The announcement by the attendants on the flight was very different… People were asked to turn off the note7. 3) Other airlines that cared about their customers, actually mailed the phones home for them. I would have paid to have the phone mailed.. this was not about cost; this was about options. How dare you treat your customers this way. I will share this experience to any and all that will listen. How/why do you expect customers to deal with this type of treatment. I understand that there are things outside of your control, but in this situation you could have limited the impact to your customers. Why is the reward for do the right thing, a costly burden.

Delta Air Lines, don't ignore your Customer Complaints. Reply NOW!