Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:17 PM

Oxygen

Should there be a need for supplemental oxygen during your travel as advised by your doctor, you are required to make the necessary booking at least five working days before your intended date of travel.

Malaysia Airlines provides two kinds of oxygen flow onboard: two litres/minute (which can last 180 minutes) and seven litres/minute (which lasts 90 minutes). Currently we are able to provide continuous oxygen flow only for domestic travel; on international sectors, oxygen can only be provided on a standby basis and is subject to availability.

Kindly download the MEDIF application form (PDF) and ask your physician to fill it up and submit it to your nearest Malaysia Airlines ticketing office or travel agent. Malaysia Airlines charges for oxygen supplied on international flights.

If you have such medical equipment or oxygen requirements, we strongly advise that you contact 1 300 88 3000 (within Malaysia), +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia) or your nearest Malaysia Airlines ticketing office before booking your flight. This is to ensure that you have a safe and comfortable journey with us.

This information is quite easy to find on their website..it took me about 5 minutes to find it... and if you had called this number, I am sure you could have got the information you required. It is very frustrating how ignorant so many employees are of their employers policies, but you have to, I am afraid, assume they are dishonest.. if you had a good experience with Emirates, I think perhaps you should have stuck with them.