Old May 15, 2008, 5:11 AM
tonic123 tonic123 is offline

Join Date: May 2008

A few days back i received a mail from AA. And as Corbel had stated AA came up with something unexpected.
The letter goes something like this..

"We received you letter regarding items missing from your delayed baggage. Regrettably......

WHile our computer search will remain......, the reports we have received indicate that there was a considerable delay between the time you received your luggage and the notification of items missing to any AA airport personnel of the missing article.(notice it says airport personnel)
Under the terms of our conditions of carriage, acomplaint must be initiated by the customer within 24 hrs of receiving their baggage. Since we dont have a record of your pilferage........there is no adjustment we would be willing to make for you loss.
We will contact you promptly if your belongings are found.
Sincerely,
Ms Brower
Central Baggage Service"

I'm still not sure what this letter is trying to state. How was i supposed to contact an airport personnel within 24hrs. As far as i know this kind of rule only applies at the airport when one picks up their baggage after their flight and that too only for domestic flights. I was flying on an international itenary , for which case one has upto 7 days to file a complaint.(this is also stated in AA's website). I did email and fax them within 2-3 days of receiving my baggage. THe letter also does not mention anything about compensation i should have received for the delayed baggage. It just flately rejects anything i've said- as if i'm lying or AA did a favor in getting my luggage back after 3 months. The fact is that i alone paid almost $2000 for the entire trip(round trip) and this is the treatment i get.
WHat should i do next? Can anybody help me out.