Old May 8, 2015, 12:49 PM
jfdanzey jfdanzey is offline

Join Date: May 2015

Just got home from the worst trip of my life thanks to the way we were treated and stranded by Spirit Airlines. I am sixty years old and have traveled around the world quite a bit. Have been a Spirit Airlines customer many times. April the 19th we flew Spirit from Ft. Lauderdale to San Jose Costa Rica. Return flight was scheduled for Friday the 25th. Got to the airport and was told the flight was cancelled due to volcanic ash. No other flights appeared to be cancelled just this one. After waiting in line for an hour we were told our choices were a refund or get re-booked on a flight leaving May 2nd. That's right. May 2nd. Eight days later. The supervisor was very rude and unhelpful. Just wanted to get rid of us. We scrambled around and found a flight the next day on United and paid $477 for a one way flight to Ft. Lauderdale through Houston. Landed in Ft. Lauderdale Saturday night at midnight. We had an extra day of rental car and hotel. I am out over $500 thanks to this airline and the way they treat your customers. I am a real estate salesman and had an appointment on Saturday that I missed. Probably have lost a sale because of it.
I answered their survey and got a response of sorry but there is nothing we can do.

Spirit Airlines, don't ignore your Customer Complaints. Reply NOW!