Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:47 AM
KanikaSagar KanikaSagar is offline

Join Date: Aug 2019

To Air India,

This email is to inquire about the complaint I had registered in your complaint book at the Air India counter at Terminal 3 in New Delhi on 12th Aug. Here is what happened:

- I booked a return flight from Singapore to New Delhi through MakeMyTrip.
Singapore to New Delhi- 3rd Aug, 8:35 AM
New Delhi to Singapore - 12th Aug, 1:15 PM

- While checking-in for my flight from New Delhi back to Singapore at night on 11th Aug, I found out that my flight has been cancelled.

- I was automatically rebooked on the 11:15 PM flight on 12th Aug.

- No information was communicated to me about the cancellation.

- No email was sent to me about the cancellation from MakeMyTrip or from Air India.

- I called up the Air India helpline number, I was put on hold for 30 mins. I gave up as I was pressed for time.

- I called up MakeMyTrip and asked them why I hadn’t been informed about the cancellation of my flight, the representative said because they’re not supposed to inform me- Air India is supposed to do that.

- I asked them to help and they said they’d call Air India and ask them to book me on Singapore Airlines.

- Singapore airlines left at 9 am and reached Singapore at a time I was meant to reach.

- MakeMyTrip couldn’t reach Air India and it was already 1 am. The Singapore airlines flight was at 9 am.

- I tried to call up the customer care number at Air India myself , two times. No one answered. I was on the phone for almost two hours.

- I gave up, and booked Singapore Airlines in distress because I had to reach Singapore urgently.

- I went to Air India counter at Terminal 3, New Delhi before my Singapore airlines flight on 12th Aug and explained the matter to them.

- After checking they informed me that they’ve already initiated a transfer of Rs.14,000 for my Air India flight which I will receive through MakeMyTrip.

- I have not received the transfer nor have I received any information of the transfer.

- I was also told by the manger that I should expect a refund for my Singapore Airlines flight too. Since Air India was responsible for booking a new flight for me and making me reach Singapore at my scheduled time.

- I expect a full refund of my Singapore Airlines flight. I can share the details of the flight and the amount I paid for it.

Please get back to me at the earliest.

Air India, don't ignore your Customer Complaints. Reply NOW!