Complaint: Check-in / Boarding Spirit Airlines
Old Sep 28, 2008, 4:45 PM
Danehound Danehound is offline

Unhappy

I live in Atlantic City and using Spirit Air was a real blessing when they first came to ACY. Over the last 7 years I've used them once or twice every year especially to Orlando where I take my daughter often. I've never had a serious problem with any of my flights yet. The one thing that I've noticed and also all of my family and friends have noticed is that this Company is losing the interest of many of the customers in this area. More and more I hear and talk to people who will make the extra journey to Philadelphia to get on Southwest or United so they don't have to pay the extra 100 bucks per flight in extra costs for 2 people to travel with 2 bags. I'll be honest, I used another air carrier in April 2008 instead of Spirit for the first time in years. The reason was simple....the extra costs outweighed the final cost of the Southwest flight out of Philadelphia. I've booked a flight with Spirit for December to Ft. Lauderdale for the 2 of us and I'm only doing that because the cruise ship leaves from Port Everglades.
To finalize this I just want to say that I'm really not complaining about any of my flights with Spirit but they are starting to lose practically all of the people who I know take them religiously. Have a good day everyone and I'll see ya on the beach somewhere in the carribbean. Raise a drink in the air for me next time Jimmy Buffet or Bob Marley is playing in the background.

Last edited by Danehound; Sep 28, 2008 at 4:47 PM.