Complaint: Baggage Problem Australian wedding
Old May 20, 2008, 11:41 PM
Carolyn49MD Carolyn49MD is offline

Join Date: May 2008
Default Australian wedding

I was traveling to my Nieces wedding in Australia and decided to take the Qantas flight from JFK so living in MD I used American to get there from BWI . We were seated on the flight and all buckled up and started to taxi when the air hostess came through the aircraft to tell us that we were not able to take all the lugage as the flight was full . So our bags would be forwarded on the next flight to JFK .Unfortunatly the next flight got to JFK at 11pm that night and my flight left JFK at 7pm . I asked the bagage people to forward the bags on the next flight which is a code share this was Sunday 16th March after checking with Qantas on arrival at Sydney they informed me the bags didn't make the next flight as they were in Miami !!!!
After many emails back and forth to AA My bags arrive 21st March Friday so I had been without my lugage since Sunday and AA wasn't feeling like it was up to them to get them to me in Sydney as I was only going to JFK . They did try to deliver them back to my address in MD . So my bags went from BWI to MIA to JFK To DCA and Back to JFK before heading to LAX and onto Syd. At least they could have given my the miles my bags traveled !!!!