Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:52 AM
Lizzie Lizzie is offline

Join Date: Feb 2013
Angry Lying to try and force me to fly on my baby's 1st birthday

Lufthansa made an admin error which resulted in my baby and I being turned back at our transit country to our destination. This was inconvenient for many reasons: traveling with a baby is never "easy", my family were waiting for me at the destination and they live 3 hours from the airport, I was relocating and had sold all possessions and had no home to go back to. However, I thought errors happen be patient Lufthansa will sort this out. WRONG. My husband had to organise us a hotel which accepted animals (I was flying with a cat who was extremely stressed by the pointless flight) we had to pay for all accommodation and food and fight Lufthansa for a refund and my replacement flights are a joke! My daughter is 1 on the 10th. I was supposed to arrive in London 4th of February, plenty of time to finish organising her birthday with friends and family. Lufthansa told me that my flight was on the 10th and that I could not change this date because all other flights were fully booked. An important detail is that they told me face to face that there were not even business class seats available. Tam operate the first part of my flight and Lufthansa blamed TAM for being fully not the second part of my long haul flight Santiago Chile to London Heathrow. I have just visited TAMs website and found SEVERAL seats on SEVERAL dates other than my daughters birthday. They are business class. So the LIE I was told was because Lufthansa were too cheap to give me a business class seat to rectify their error and had NO CONSIDERATION for the hugely personal inconvenience of flying on my baby's birthday. We have had to visit the office daily to fight for the Lufthansa to do anything to help us even though the whole situation started with their error, which they have admitted! I'm furious and very upset that a very special day has been so callously disregarded because they don't want to give me a more expensive seat. SERIOUSLY who puts a price on these things??? Lufthansa I cannot believe how terribly this problem has been dealt with I will never stop telling this story to ensure anybody I meet and talk to about flying knows exactly how appalling your service has been. You may have thrown us aside as unimportant clients but I'm going to make sure you don't just lose three frequent fliers for you incompetence and neglect. My father, who frequently flies Lufthansa in business class, will no longer be flying with you, none of my three siblings nor my husbands family (he has 35 cousins) will be flying Lufthansa and I'm going to publish as much of my story as possible in as many places as possible to ensure possible passengers know exactly the kind of service to expect if their flights are complicated. If money is the only thing you care about then it's money I'll make sure I cost you.