Complaint: Allegiant Airlines
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:35 AM
DNM95377 DNM95377 is offline

Join Date: Jun 2009

If you went to Allegiant's website, actually tried to book a flight, and saw nothing wrong with the games they try to play in order to squeeze each and every extra dollar from their customers then we can agree to disagree. My experience and the experience of others that I have spoken to take issue with their methods.

We WERE there, 30 minutes on the dot prior to departure...standing at the ticket counter...with the expectation that somebody would be available to check us in. Allegiant did NOT meet our basic/reasonable expectation that a breathing human being would be available at the counter...like most ANY service business out there...from the corner convenience store...to Neiman Marcus. I wish I could just shutdown my business when it was convenient for me to do so to save on some payroll...why don't I? I don't because I KNOW that I won't be in business very long if I don't provide the service my customers expect. Business 101. Look it up.

I'm not interested in Allegiant trying to "teach me a lesson". I'm interesed in getting a reasonable level of service for the money that I'm paying. Bottom line is that Allegiant fell well short of that expectation. I'm not expecting champagne and caviar by any stretch of the imagination...I do expect a reasonable attempt to deliver the desired service that I paid for. If Allegiant can't provide the most basic form of customer service for the prices they "attempt" to charge...then perhaps they need to readjust their rates and act like a real company that can. Your statement of the Allegiant "manager" coming out and having nothing to lose...is COMPLETELY incorrect...she DOES have a lot to lose...8 paying customers that are 100% unsatisfied with the lack of service that they received. She doesn't seem to understand that...and you don't seem to get it either. ALLEGIANT is the one that has something to lose...without paying and satisfied customers they won't have to worry about keeping costs down...they will simply be out of business. Nothing I have stated here is unreasonable.

Again...the bottom line point that I am trying to make is that you definitely get what you pay for. Fortunately we had the flexibilty and ability to scramble and get to the next closest airport with little fuss. If this was my mother or grandmother it would have completely ruined their weekend...and THAT'S unacceptable.

Southest DID come through. DID get us on the next flight out. DID answer their phone (something Allegiant doesn't seem to care about either).

Allegiant handled (reality is they didn't handle anything) this entire incident poorly. Is it going to ruin my life? No. Did it wreck our weekend? No. Am I ever going to use Allegiant again? NO. Am I going to make sure that I can inform as many people as I possibly can regarding my experience? I certainly am. Each person can come to their own conclusion.

A letter was sent directly to Allegiant at their PO box in Nevada...time will tell if they even respond to that either...my guess is that if they can't/won't take care of their customers in person or on the phone...they certainly aren't going to take any of their seemingly precious time to answer and respond to a letter as it's probably not "cost effective". If they do I will definitely post a follow up here.

Ball is in your court Allegiant.

Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
Ok I went to Allegiants website, and if you pay attention you can opt out of those extras they charge for such as hotels, shows, and rental cars... that almost every other travel website does. I don't care that you're making this about allegiants, it's common. So it's not a scam or anything scrupulous. It's not your way of doing business, but it seems those that are in the business do it this way.

Actually that was the point I was making, that you DID NOT take any responsibility for your actions. Cut off is 30 minutes but rather than accept responsibilty for being late, you argue with the agent as if they were wrong for leaving you behind. The plan holds 100 passengers (I checked) and I would agree the 2 hour rule stands and that you have to be checked in 30 minutes prior. They did not ignore paying customers, the paying customers should have been more aware of the time, well you got a pretty good lesson as your plane went bye-bye and you watched it leave. Allegient did their part, they served their customers who showed up on time. Now let's say the cut off time was 45 minutes. YOUR STILL LATE!! You arrived 30 minutes prior, as per your complaint. So that would mean they GAVE you an extra 15 minutes to show up and you STILL didn't make it on time. So again who was wrong??

If the manager was a coward and had no guts, means she would have stayed behind her magic door until you guys were gone. Instead she came out to face you. It's not a fight or a competition, she has nothing to lose, you were in the wrong not her. Doesn't matter if the plane was there or not, you guys were late plain and simple.

Oh and you did name their competitor that accomodated you, you said Southwest lol as per your own statement:

And the person you called at Southwest... They didn't go out of their way to assist you, they were doing their job, that's what reservations are supposed to do!!! (Is this guy serious??) Yes you can call reservation, can get seats held, and then pay for seats at the airport. You don't have to give a credit card over the phone; sometimes people are in a public place and don't wanna give this info out, sometimes people don't have credit cards. If I need to make a quick trip to Boston or DC, I call United or Continental and book my trip over the phone and pay for it at the airport. The southwest reservation wasn't doing you any favors, it's what they always do.

Whether or not Allegiant's Business model works, is besides the point; you screwed up: You arrived late and expect them to accomodate you and when they did not, they were wrong. Sorry but you were clearly in the wrong. Accept that you were late and move on.