View Single Post

Replies:

Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:08 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

i tried looking on the swiss air site and couldn't find anything about weight of the bag...it is alot i agree, but if thats their policy than thats the policy and i dont think you can get reimbursed but like i said...i couldn't find where on the site that it says that they charge you an arm and a leg per kg. here is what i found...

8.1 FREE BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE
You are entitled to carry a certain amount of Baggage free of charge, subject to our conditions and restrictions. These conditions and restrictions are available from us or our Authorised Agents upon request, and are also shown in your ticket.
8.2 EXCESS BAGGAGE
You will be required to pay an additional fee for the carriage of Baggage in excess of the free Baggage allowance. Our excess baggage rates are available from us upon request.
If you wish to transport over 100 kilos of excess baggage and/or bulky items (such as cycles or wheelchairs), you must notify us of such intention in advance. If you fail to do so, we reserve the right to refuse carriage of such excess baggage and/or bulky items. Any excess baggage which you wish to transport as air cargo must be handed in at least 24 hours before you check in for your flight.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook