Complaint: Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cancelled (ill attendant) and Uncompensated
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:36 AM
mcorso mcorso is offline

Join Date: Nov 2011
Default Cancelled (ill attendant) and Uncompensated

On 10/21/2011I was scheduled to fly out of GTF at 6 am on DL5705 on the first leg of a trip home to Boston by way of MSP. In an email early that morning I learned the flight was cancelled. I called Delta and an agent told me that I had been rebooked on a Delta flight leaving GTF at 6:20 am for SLC and booked from there to BOS. Upon arriving at Great Falls, I learned that my original flight had been cancelled due to "flight attendant illness" and that my booking on the 6:20 flight to SLC "didn't take" because the flight was already oversold. Back on the phone with Delta, the option I was giving for getting home was to fly out of Bozeman on flight 2422, necessitating a car rental and a one way three hour drive to Bozeman.

Contacting Delta customer service for reimbursement resulted in an email stating the it had been my choice to rent the car and that I would not be reimbursed for the rental or the gas. I was offered a $100 voucher for future travel. I asked that the decision be reviewed by a manager only to have Delta stand by its original decision.

How is this reasonable? Is Delta that rinky-dink that there was no flight attendant available in Great Falls or Helena (90 minutes away) to take the sick one's place?