Complaint: Turkish airlines
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:27 AM
martin martin is offline

Join Date: Sep 2012

Before I start I need to mention that I have never travelled abroad therefore the issuing of airline tickets,passports and visas etc is all new to me.I purchases to tickets via Turkish airlines to visit my daughter in the Netherlands on 28 February 2013.Not knowing the implications I entered my call name Martin I.s.o Marthinus(the name that will appear on my passport) on the online flight ticket.There is no guidance to advise you that your full names are required.the application was done in August,however in this week a friend told me that my name must be the same on both documents.I immediately phoned Turkish Airlines at Oliver Tambo airport(jhb SA) to correct the problem but they told me to phone customer services in Turkey.They told me to cancel my ticket without a refund and apply for a new ticket as they cannot change my name.- already paid 1240E for tickets ana a new one will then cost me 620E depending on the current exchange rate.I contacted other airlines and they do name changes with an fee to be charged.I am desperate to resolve this ussue as I cannot afford to buy a new ticket.

Turkish Airlines, don't ignore your Customer Complaints. Reply NOW!