Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:29 PM

Join Date: Jul 2016

To,
Etihad Airways,

Sub: Complaint - Claim of Defamation for Harassment by Etihad airways

This has a reference to my most unpleasant experience with Etihad Airways when I dealt with Etihad Airport Check-in Crew at Dammam Airport, Mr. Mustafa. It was very unprofessional and unexpected behavior of any of qualified staff of Etihad, a reputed airline.

On 30 June, there were just two Etihad counters were being accessed by passengers to get the baggage checked-in and get the boarding passes. I reached at airport at 13:30 hours to board my 16:30 hours flight from Dammam to Abu Dhabi. I was in a queue for around 2 hours and faced a lifetime bad experience with Etihad.

I finally reached at check in counter, which was handled by two Etihad Crew Members (Mr. Mustafa and one more) at 15:15 hours with my baggage in total 36 KGs, 2 pieces, plastic wrapped without any hand carry. I was already allowed in my ticket for 37 KGs as Check-in Baggage (30 KG) and Hand Carry (7 KG). Etihad crew informed in his very bad attitude to remove 6 KGs from wrapped baggage and make a hand carry of 6 KGs to get it reduced to 30 KGs baggage to be checked in. repeatedly I requested him that Sir, this is wrapped baggage and I donít have any extra carry bag to make a hand carry and asked him for any extra fees to be paid.

I was learnt harshly by Etihad Crew (Mr. Mustafa) to pay 200 Saudi Riyals for excess baggage and then I tried to negotiate it to 100 Saudi Riyals. While negotiating, suddenly Etihad Crew lost his control, shouted on me and drilled the conversation and asked me to pay 565 Riyals in his high tone.

Note that I already agreed to pay 200 Saudi Riyals (the offered price) between the above arguments but Etihad Crew, Mr. Mustafa lost his temper, take the matter personally, came over me, tried to hit me (neighbor counterís three crew members were pulling him and stopping him from hitting me) I was so scared and so nervous that I am being behaved in this way and I am in such situation as never before (I strongly request to Etihad Airways get the CCTV footage checked).

Etihad Crew, Mr. Mustafa threatened me that he will make sure that he cancels my journey and I will be remanded by police custody. I was in dilemma that where I am, what have I done to be treated in this way and shockingly, Airport Police detained and took me to the police station at 15:40 hours.

In police station, I was horrified about my journey, detainment, and court case as if I have done a crime. Other Etihad crew, supervisors and managers were not attending my issue as they donít care while police said if any of Etihad crew come over the police station and talk to them for my release from Police Station and It is still 15:55 hours.

At 17:15 when I already missed my flight, the Etihad crew Mr. Mustafa came over the police station, offered his apologies to me and said to police to release me and police released me with due respect.
Immediately I went to Etihad Airways office in Dammam Airport and asked the manager to book me in any next flight to reach my destination accordingly. He refused to help me asked me to dial the helpline (800 844 7893).

Dialing helpline (800 844 7893) was another bad experience with Ms. Rana (18:06 Hours) saying she canít do anything.

Again I chased to the Dammam Airport check in counter met another Etihad Crew Mr. Bader, who again asked me to call helpline.

I tried again the helpline (800 844 7893) at 22:21 hours, talked to Mr. Badshah for 52 minutes and found a resolution to book another flight of 2nd July 2016 but with a payment (1714 Saudi Riyal) of date change, airline fee, etc. (receipts attached).

Now, I have below claims to be paid by Etihad Airways to me:

1) Claim of Defamation that I lost my two days unnecessarily due to Etihad Airways unprofessionalism - 50,000 US Dollars
a. I lost my dignity.
b. I lost my time.
c. First time in my life Police detained me.
d. I lost a very important function of my family gathering.
e. I lost an important meeting with my clients in my home country.
f. I lost two days vacation that I was supposed to spend in my home country.
g. Checking of the CCTV Footage.
2) The Ticket date change penalty, Airline Fees as attached receipt of payment (1714 Saudi Riyals).

Kindly reach me out to sort out this issue immediately on my mobile number: +966 555897109.

I will make sure that none of my known human being not booking Etihad Airways if my claims are not settled.

Further, I will be reaching out my lawyer to file a case, if needed and I will be sharing this on every platform wherever Etihad Market themselves as a branded airways.

Booking code: JNWDZA

Engr. Shaik Mohammed Zuberuddin
Dammam, Saudi Arabia

Etihad, don't ignore your Customer Complaints. Reply NOW!