Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:31 PM
ConcernedPassenger ConcernedPassenger is offline

Join Date: Jun 2012

My complaint is about Spirit Airlines hiring drug users and putting passenger safety in their hands. I thought airlines had higher standards for their flight attendents. But Spirit has a FA based in Las Vegas named (name redacted). I believe she said she's been with Spirit since about March 2012.

Well, I have watched this girl smoke marijuana and take ectasy a number of times recently while out partying in Las Vegas. All while laughing about how they can (her and her friend who is also a FA) because Spirit nor the FAA ever drug test. And if they do, it's a urine test which they can easily get around with fake urine...which is actually how they passed their initial drug test to get hired.

Oh, and she also mentioned that one time a drunk passenger asked her for cocaine and she told him she would get some for him later that day. But he never called her for it. Unbelievable!

Is it really the practice of Spirit to hire and allow such druggies to work for them? To put customer's safety in the hands of people like this? Are the safety regulations such as drug testing really THAT easy to get around? I am DISGUSTED and I will NEVER fly that airline again and I will be sure friends of mine that fly Spirit also know this. I believe this is something the FAA should look into and drug test these girls with something more efficient than a urine test if you want to keep our skies safe. We have enought problems with airline saftey, we do not need drug users making more problems.

Last edited by jimworcs; Jun 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM. Reason: Potential libel

Spirit Airlines, don't ignore your Customer Complaints. Reply NOW!