COMPLAINT: British Airways - Racist and rude Air hostess, mocking me

Old Sep 20, 2010, 5:39 AM
zulfi888 zulfi888 is offline

Join Date: Sep 2010

In August 1999, I flew for the first time from Mumbai, India to London via British Airways. during the flight I asked for some orange juice from the air hostess, but she(white air hostess) just replied as "aaa-eeee, aaa-eee, aaa-eee ya". Now after this incident, I never flew with British Airways again, nor will I fly with them again in my lifetime. I fly to India from US every few years, and believe me they will not get my business again. I was very hurt and upset, but I did not know what to do as my final destination was USA and I was new to that country. So after 11 years I am writing to expose the true colors of the British Airways. They are very racist, rude and I am brown skin basically from India. They think that they are superior to Indians as they ruled India for 313 years. But this is 21st century and these things should not happen anymore. I will not even go to Britain any more. Last time I flew, I chose to halt in Taiwan and it was with EVA Air which I flew with and they had excellent food and excellent customer service. My suggestion is do not fly with British Airways as they are racists and bad service for international travellers, especially Indians.

Old Sep 20, 2010, 7:34 AM

You may well have been the victim of racism by an individual on BA. Who knows, there is so little information in your complaint, with no indication of what basis you have for deciding the incident was race based.

However, the statement quoted above is itself racist. It is racist to make judgements or generalisations about a whole group of people, based on their nationality or race.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:18 PM
NewJerseyDevils NewJerseyDevils is offline

Join Date: Dec 2009

What does aaaeee aaeee aaaeee ya even mean?
BA flight attendants were laughing when the smoke was coming out of a gate a US Air plane was parked but I didn't sense any racism in that. I did have a blonde joke once but I really don't care if BA is the cheapest to fly.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 7:45 PM
Leatherboy2006 Leatherboy2006 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2007

I am curious what aaaeeee aaeee aaaeee means?
To be honest I am really sick of white bashing by other races, right away everything is racism,,,,what about reverse racism from those of dark skin....I have been called "cracker" "honky" "******" by those of dark skin...does this count as racism?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 9:22 PM

aaa-eeee, aaa-eee, aaa-eee ya
is a well known racist chant by British Colonialists, and was used to supress an entire nation. I am surprised you guys didn't know that...
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:48 AM
NewJerseyDevils NewJerseyDevils is offline

Join Date: Dec 2009

Originally Posted by jimworcs View Post
Maybe I said it wrong or it was too early in the morning but my Husband hadn't heard of it either. He's British.
What was that FA thinking using it to supress having to serve up a glass of OJ.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:23 PM
FargoND FargoND is offline

Join Date: Mar 2011

Many people have told me similar things about BA including my relatives. I surely think they need to improve on this.
Old May 19, 2012, 10:34 AM
Drena Drena is offline

Join Date: May 2012

I flew british airways a couple of years ago and experienced racism while boarding and while while waiting to take off. First when I boarded instead of a pleasant smile I received a mean glare from the elderly stewardess. My partner received a hostile glare as well and asking me what was her problem. Twice while meals were being served we were served last on separate flights. We were not in the last seats in our area either. One one of the occasions we weren't served at all and I had to bring it to the stewardess attention who feigned surprise. These are the not so subtle hints that you may be unwelcome. Then worst of all we were sitting on the plane waiting to take off and this woman comes up to us ranting and raving. I had no idea what she was talkin about...she wanted something that accompanied our ticket. Another male steward came and intervened and we gave him what was requested. He apologized profusely. I complained to British Airways when I returned through their complaint process they didn't respond. So I filed another complaint. Their response basically was so what...well will forward your complaint to management. No appology was given ever. Not surprisingly I never heard from them again. As an American citizen I was quite disgusted, angry and frustrated at this company's lack of response. Apparently racism is not a big deal and if it happens this company does nothing. They know people are trying to get to their destinations and don't are vulnerable. I'll always have a bad opinion about this airline even though most of their employees are very nice and helpful.
Old May 19, 2012, 5:44 PM
azstar azstar is offline

Not another racism complaint. Believe me, people of all colors, origins, orientations, weights, heights, nationalities, ad infinitum have been subject to rude obnoxious treatment by airline employees at some time. I think you would have to classify it as sociopathy rather than racism.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked British Airways Cancelled Flight Conniecat British Airways Complaints 4 May 11, 2011 1:18 PM
Check-in / Boarding British Airways failed me badly gadaveuk British Airways Complaints 2 Aug 10, 2010 11:22 PM
Customer Service British Airways is Bad Prof. Dr Sascha Brose British Airways Complaints 6 Sep 8, 2009 2:02 AM
Check-in / Boarding British Airways: Disappointed Customer Pauline Bartley-Brown British Airways Complaints 0 Feb 21, 2008 9:43 PM
British Airways: GB Airways sale to Easyjet iainf2806 Executive Club / Premier Complaints 0 Dec 10, 2007 10:54 AM