COMPLAINT: Dealayed in Florida

Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:52 PM
johnnythetouch johnnythetouch is offline

Join Date: Feb 2018

Still waiting for Delta to respond since early January, case 00607670 -details below

Hi Delta,

I need to discuss further the issues around my trip detailed below, I tweeted you this morning and again a few minutes ago but no one has yet replied.

For point 3) below my fears were confirmed and you were unable to get us from FLL to JFK in time to connect with the Virgin flight JFK-MAN.

We were not treated very well and were informed our only option to get home was to travel to Fort Myers for a flight the day after, connecting in Detroit with a flight to Amsterdam and then another flight Amsterdam - MAN. Despite your representative in FLL assuring us we were being placed in business class this did not happen and were seated in economy for all 3 flights, very uncomfortable! Additionally I have incurred extra costs for car hire to get to Fort Myers, a hotel room and meal for the evening of Friday 5th January, I can provide receipts if you require. At each leg of this return journey we were inconvenienced by your representatives being unable to issue ticketing, this can be confirmed by your records and the many Delta staff we encountered who were unable to help stating 'system issues'.

Please can you acknowledge receipt of this e-mail, confirm that you can reimburse me for the cost difference between Economy and Premium Economy for the return journey of my booking, pay my out of pocket expenses and suggest / explain how my confidence in Delta can be restored?

John Gaynor
Tel +44 (0) 7919480938

-----Original Message-----
From: johnmgaynor <[email protected]>
To: SocialMedia.Delta <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 14:12
Subject: FAO HSK Fwd: My trip Reservation HPRS9W

As discussed on twitter, would appreciate some help
John

-----Original Message-----
From: johnmgaynor <[email protected]>
To: custrel <[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 13:22
Subject: My trip Reservation HPRS9W

Good afternoon,

I would like to complain about the way my reservation has been managed.

I booked my trip in February and reserved some nice seats of choice for my wife and I. As we are due to fly in the coming days I thought I would log in yesterday to check when we could check in. I was horrified to see that you had re-scheduled our trip without informing us!

I have had to call your organisation twice over the last 24 hours and both calls lasted over 1 hour. The result is that we are now booked to travel for the same dates as our existing reservation however I have the following issues that your call centres were unable to help with and suggested I write to you;

1) If I had not looked at our reservation on your web pages yesterday it is possible we would have arrived at the airport to travel on the 26th December to be told there was no flight for us.

2) As the re-arranged flights have been arranged at such short notice we are unable to choose our seats and for both transatlantic legs of the journey not able to sit together.

3) There is a very short time to transfer in JFK on the return journey, I am concerned that we may miss the connection unless we can get some assistance.

This will be the first time we have used your organisation and I am very disappointed so far, I hope that you can come back to me to re-assure and suggest some options to make our forthcoming trip more comfortable and as relaxing as it was meant to be when I booked it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

John Gaynor