Frequent Flyer Program
COMPLAINT: Delta Mileage shenanigans

Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:54 AM
Edg Edg is offline

Join Date: Jan 2018

Iíve been a Delta Skymiles member for many years and Iíve always gotten 100 mileage credit when I flew with their partners.

In October I flew to Bangkok with Koreanair, a Skyteam member, and used my Skymiles account but was surprised to learn I wouldnít be getting my mileage, when I inquired I was told they had introduced a contractual scheme that does not grant mileage when flying with partners.

If I had known about it I would have booked my ticket with Air China and paid less than half of what I paid, instead I booked with a Skyteam member to get Delta Mileage; so I was extremely disappointed.

I made my concerns known to Delta and suggested that when members choose to use their Delta Skymiles account with a booking that they should be informed before they complete the booking and reservation whether or not mileage will be credited, right now it is hidden in the fine print and theres a multitude of items hidden in the fine print. Had I known about this contractual scheme I would not have made this booking.

They have just brushed off my suggestion and are not taking it seriously, I think others should be prevented from falling into the same trap.

Previously when I used my Delta Skymiles account with my bookings this situation did not exist and my account was credited 100 percent.

I would like to remain a loyal customer of Delta but I donít think I can after this.

They have already told me they are not going to give me my mileage but that they would try to be more honest by telling consumers at the time of booking whether or not mileage would be accrued, but they have not done that.

Delta Air Lines Makes Mileage Program 20% More Expensive, Eliminates Upgrades For Dis A320FAN General Discussion 0 Oct 13, 2014 6:21 AM
Mileage Plus issue adamsfour Mileage Plus Complaints 2 Jan 22, 2014 2:41 PM
Suggestion Mileage Plus expiration jma United Airlines Complaints 0 Dec 6, 2010 8:24 PM
Air France Mileage Rip Off gurrelund Flying Blue Complaints 1 Apr 22, 2010 12:49 PM
Mileage Plus seats Rosh Wright Mileage Plus Complaints 3 Jul 3, 2008 7:32 PM