Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: FL#EY0151 dated05/22/13 delayed resulted extra cost of $670 for additional expence

Old May 24, 2013, 4:23 AM

activation ID: 2a0bee9caebbd8df846b85154787e9be42b428d0

I am writing this complaints for my mother-in-law,THOMAS/ MARIAMMA traveled on dated 05/22/2013 via ETHIHAD airways, her confirmation number is 6077221012216/17/ economy class. The ETHIHAD airways delayed 1 hr and arrived late to CHICAGO OHARE, so she missed her connected American airlines flight from CHICAGO TO FT LAUDERDALE,FL. This delay resulted her to take new ticket that cost $660. We called the American Airlines they told they are not responsible for this matter, it is not their fault and they told the delay happened in ETHIHAD service. Now it is your responsibility for refunding the extra cost for the ticket we purchased for reaching the destination. This flight delay resulted extra cost of $660/-. Now you are the people responsible for this delay and extra cost we payed. I am waiting for your reply.
please do the needful as soon as possible.
my email id is [email protected] and my contact #954-822-8620
LISSIE JOSE
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old May 24, 2013, 10:01 AM

This is not an official line to Etihad. I would remove your personal details and phone number if I were you.

On the substance, it sounds as if you had two seperate bookings. if so, you will not get compensation from Etihad. All airlines exclude "consequential damages" caused by delays unless the ticket is booked as a single journey. Had this been the case, AA would have accommodated you, but I am afraid if you booked these as two separate bookings you will not be compensated.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook