Other Airline Complaints If we receive 10 complaints about an airline, we will create a specific section for it above.

Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:33 PM
davidsusi davidsusi is offline

Join Date: Aug 2009
Default Spanair

What a joke Spanair is. This bad joke is a Spanish airline. I flew them from Barcelona to Asturias in No. Spain.
No problem on the way in. On the way out the gate agent told me I needed to check in my carry on. I said, no it fit fine on the way here, and I'm leaving on the same plane.
She made me check it, then said OK nowyou are over weight, and charged me $230.00 USD for over weight.
I saw many, many people who had bags bigger than mine, people who were obesely over weight who paid nothing and carried on their bags.
When I complained to the company they backed her up. I spoke to other Americans on the flight who told me they had been targeted too.
Never will they get another dime from me. What if your kid was stuck there without the funds to pay for this extortion?
David Susi San Diego, Ca.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:09 AM

Low cost airlines are equal opportunity robbers.. I doubt very much you were targeted because you were American.. it is often nothing more than the vagaries of who happens to be on the check-in desk when you check in... others who have more sympathetic check in clerks get away with it..