Reservations
COMPLAINT: Last name not printed as per passport

Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:27 PM

Id - TTHNGY

I booked a non-refundable ticket for myself and my infant from Chennai to Orlando in Etihad airlines on 15th Jan 2015. Travel date is 03 Feb 2015
We booked the tickets through an agency - MakeMyTrip.com.

In the ticket last Name was not printed fully as there was some character restrictions in the name field with in the website. I need to append 5 more characters in my last name.

I've been calling both the airlines & agency for almost 2 weeks now to resolve this issue over the phone but nothing working out
Both the Etihad & Makemytrip customer care keep stating that the ticket has to be cancelled and the money will not be refunded. I was going through the complaints here and saw some positive responses posted earlier by airline authorities regarding the possibility of changing the name with some penalty.I'm hoping that someone from Etihad airlines would notice this issue and resolve it for me without a cancellation

Please help

Thank you
Lakshmiaj
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook