Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Over Charged for excess baggage reference DXB/X/YH/160718/7393666

Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:35 AM

My husband and were returning home from our honeymoon in Europe back in july 2018 leaving from Paris, We were flying back with Emirates. We knew we were over our baggage limit but do not except to be hit with the massively excessive baggage fee that we occurred the fee was 1500 EURO which was roughly 2500 AUD. We had no time at all to make alternate arrangements for our luggage due to the limited check in window that emirates provides. The emirates staff were extremely rude and unhelpful. Sadly we paid the fee just to ensure we made our flight. As soon as we got home we logged a complaint directly with emirates which took over 40 days for a response and as you can imagine they didn't care and said that is what is in our policy. I researched their policy because i was perplexed as how they can justify the 78 EURO per kilo of luggage and what I discovered was the over limit fee is based off 50 USD which when you convert that to EURO it equates to roughly 40 EURO. this would mean that the fee should of been roughly 880 EURO (yes we were a fair bit over) but that is no where near the 1500 EURO that we were stung. I have since responded to them advising that this is what is in their policy and asking for the different to be returned. I am yet to receive a reply and its been well and truly over 40days once again hence why i am resorting to all means possible to get this case looked.I completely accept that we are to pay a fee for the excess luggage but i am disgusted in the service and the robbery of emirates. I will never ever fly or recommend this airline, the On flight service was minimal and rude and had this not happened i would of just accepted that it was the crew at the time but it isn't its the company and they need to be held accountable.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
angry, disgrace, poor service, rippedoff