Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: luggage damage

Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:25 PM

First time a flew Spirit, my poycarbonate suitcase got damaged, a crack and a dent. Nevertheless the agent at the airport had filed a report and taken a picture of the damage; I had to complete and submit additional documents. Nevertheless it was crystal clear that my suitcase was damaged they refused to reimburse using as an argument that I submitted the requested documents not within the alloted time limit. this is a weak argument used to escape from their responsibilities to reimburse their customer. My first time with spirit has been at the same time the last time I will fly with them
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:53 AM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
First time a flew Spirit, my poycarbonate suitcase got damaged, a crack and a dent. Nevertheless the agent at the airport had filed a report and taken a picture of the damage; I had to complete and submit additional documents. Nevertheless it was crystal clear that my suitcase was damaged they refused to reimburse using as an argument that I submitted the requested documents not within the alloted time limit. this is a weak argument used to escape from their responsibilities to reimburse their customer. My first time with spirit has been at the same time the last time I will fly with them
You do realize 1 thing about your polycarbonate bag don't you ......
it did it's job which was to protect the items inside. Get over yourself
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:07 AM

I see, so it means that people do not have to bother when the airline company damages the suitcase. That is a bit to easy, I do not think that the majority of travellers will agree with your point of view.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:56 PM

Originally Posted by A320FAN View Post
You do realize 1 thing about your polycarbonate bag don't you ......it did it's job which was to protect the items inside. Get over yourself
Your response is rubbish. If a hardside bag is cracked or broken the airline either dropped it substantially, it fell off the belt loader, or they stacked heavy bags on top and it was damaged in transit. Most airlines would take responsibility and a) pay to repair it, or b) replace it.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:34 PM

That's what I believe too; you just do not damage a customer's suitcase and decline any responsbility.
On the other hand, when they consider a suitcase is too heavy then they do not wait to ripp off for extra charges.