COMPLAINT: Bad Bad Bag fees - Never use spirit Airlines

Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:36 PM
ttowles ttowles is offline

Join Date: Apr 2013

I flew on Spirit last weekend from Mesa-Phoenix to Denver, they recommended I pay for bag fees online so I did, ($120 for 3 bags) but when I got to the airport they said there were no bag fees paid for, so I thought maybe the charge didn't go thru, so I gave them a credit card and they charged $45 per bag or $135.
Then I found out that indeed they had charged me for 3 CARRYONS! But now they refuse to refund the $120, even though there is a note in the file saying we had no carryons. They offered to give me a $120 credit that would expire in 60 days! I will never use Spirit again.

Old Apr 3, 2013, 2:26 AM
azstar azstar is offline

Dispute the charge with the credit card company. You didn't receive the service you paid for.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:47 PM

Dispute the charge with Visa, give 30 days notice of your intention to file in small claims court, call the local police and report an attempt to commit fraud and contact the DOT.

Spirit are a backpacker airline. They do not operate by normal rules and I personally would never fly them. However,, once you have done the deed, the only option you have to fight as aggressively against them and they do against their passengers. There is no other way...they will not bend to bad publicity or customer pressure.

Check-in / Boarding Online Check-in denied as Spirit demands illegal fees for ticket bought at counter spiritedflyer Spirit Airlines Complaints 2 Nov 6, 2011 1:40 AM
Reservations Spirit demanding illegal usage fees EVEN if purchased at the counter spiritedflyer Spirit Airlines Complaints 0 Oct 24, 2011 6:28 PM