COMPLAINT: Qatar airways check in problem

Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:50 AM

My mother was to fly with my nephew on a qatar airways flight o Fri October 17 at 1.30 am from Terminal B JKIA airport Nairobi in a Qatar Airways flight. She got to the airport five mins past 12 and was at the check in counter around 12.25 at which point there was no check in staff. minutes later a Qatar airways attendant came to the counter and as my mother inquired about the flight (airport info board at this time was still reading that gates and check in are open) the attendant was rude, dilly dallied and later told her that the check in counter was closed. All this time the info board kept saying the gates for the flight were open and my mother could even her on the public announce system that the flight was calling passegers. she pleaded with the now obviously very rude attendant to check her in for the flight. mins later the rude crew member told her she is late for her flight and would be charged $980 if she wanted to be re-booked on another flight.
Qatar airways this is not appropriate. Mind you its an old lady travelling with a toddler!!! Boarding gates are closed 30 to 40 mins to departure time. she was at the counter early enough only to encounter rude unhelpful staff.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:13 PM

What time was the actual FLIGHT? Boarding times and CHECK IN times are very different.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:24 PM

OOOPS missed it. 1:30? So she arrived at check in one hour before flight departure? Qatar "recommends" check in 3 hours before and says minimum time depends on the airport. It is usually 1:30 to 2:00 hours before depending on the airport. If she could hear the boarding announcement I'd think that it was a lot closer to departure time than 1 hour, but you;d have to check with the airline to find the latest check in time for Nairobi.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:35 PM

Originally Posted by cliff7080 View Post
OOOPS missed it. 1:30? So she arrived at check in one hour before flight departure? Qatar "recommends" check in 3 hours before and says minimum time depends on the airport. It is usually 1:30 to 2:00 hours before depending on the airport. If she could hear the boarding announcement I'd think that it was a lot closer to departure time than 1 hour, but you;d have to check with the airline to find the latest check in time for Nairobi.
Check-in cut off for QA is 1 hour before departure time (Nairobi or anywhere in the world). If the OP is absolutely certain that the passenger approached the check-in counter agent at 12.25, QA is at fault!