COMPLAINT: old woman ignored on Business Class, misses 2 flights

Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:40 PM
Carolinetravelwrite Carolinetravelwrite is offline

Join Date: Apr 2016

I am writing in connection with the Qatar Airways horrendous treatment of my mother-in-law who flew Business Class from Copenhagen so she could recuperate with us after surgery for breast cancer. My husband explained the circumstances to Qatar and requested wheelchair assistance for her as she is 82. This was confirmed, however Mum was left stuck in a waiting room for 12 hours, missed two flights, and despite emailing Qatar directly, FOUR days later we still cannot get an answer from Qatar as to why she was:
1) Not given assistance as promised.
2) Missed two flights.
3) Not given any food but told if she wanted to eat something she would have to pay for it herself. This is Qatar's Business Class offering?
4) Refused a hotel room until very much later. Surely after missing TWO flights thanks to the lack of assistance promised she should have been given a hotel room straight away. Three times she asked. And three times she was refused! Why was she not given any food or something to drink? Ot at least shown to the Business Class lounge?
My husband and I are furious at Qatar’s treatment of an old lady, especially as we were going to fly with Qatar May/ June to Europe. Worst of all is that Qatar Airways refuse to assist us or answer our questions despite repeated requests. I feel others should be warned about this and I also feel compensation would be in order too.

assistance not given, business class, qatar airways

Suggestion Business Class? EY/5G6DB3 Donnaaguilar Etihad Airways Complaints 6 Aug 1, 2015 4:09 PM
Check-in / Boarding Flt 7: crazy-rude boarding clerk trys to throw business woman off USAirways flyinscared Check-in / Boarding 1 Oct 12, 2014 2:40 PM
In-flight Issue Dog allowed on lap in Business Class? Sarann Delta Air Lines Complaints 12 Oct 29, 2013 10:24 AM
Business class and no points Etihadcomplaint Etihad Guest Complaints 2 Jul 28, 2013 7:59 AM