Reservations
COMPLAINT: Fault in online reservations system causes customers to pay extra

Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:07 PM
ahmedrah ahmedrah is offline

Join Date: Oct 2016

Qatar Airways has done it again by erring on its online reservation system and charging its customer for its mistakes. Due to a blunder on the online reservation system, I resulted in paying additional fees to book my flight.

1. I first made the online booking 3I56VD on 1-Sep-16 (with pay later option) with total price 563.55 KWD - Eticket 157 2358060952-53.

2. Exactly 9 minutes later (email proofs are available), I made the online booking 3KMNN3 (with pay later option) with total price 421.55 KWD.

* According to any booking system, the latest booking made is what is valid and automatically any previous bookings should get superseded.

* IF (according to QA Support), the first booking only is valid, then why did the system accept the second booking? The e-commerce system should have refused my second booking and referred me to my original booking. Or even better, give me the choice of keeping the original booking or the latter one, in which QA failed to do.

Due to this system fault, I was forced to pay an additional 142 KWD, of which I demand a refund. If I knew that the first booking was the one recorded, I would have definitely searched for another ticket somewhere else. Plus I was surprised with this only 72 hours later when I logged in to pay for the ticket. This is not the first time I have faced a billing blunder with QA and it will definitely affect my future travel choices.

Ahmed

Reservations Their faulty online system cost me money Bikepianopete Emirates Complaints 0 Mar 2, 2016 8:28 PM
Reservations Online Reservations not possible. Upset w/reservations American Airlines Complaints 2 Nov 5, 2013 3:05 AM
Reservations Don't Use Online Reservation System! MosesLuna Southwest Airlines Complaints 3 Aug 7, 2012 5:10 PM