COMPLAINT: Theft from Check in baggage .case reference: CAS-735596-H6R8M2 ) CRM:000300125301

Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:47 AM
midhulmanmadhan midhulmanmadhan is offline

Join Date: Dec 2016

Dear Sir / Mam,

"My name is Midhul Manmadhan , Indian Passport holder, Ticket Reference 7HMLSf, Ticket Number - 157 17173 75118, Passenger who traveled on QR 506 from Doha - Trivandrum on 12th Nov 2016.
This is to lodge a complaint to the concern authority about a theft case from my check in baggage. A Seiko Watch which was gift wrapped has been stolen from my luggage. I received the packet as unwrapped, tore and without the watch in it.
I am sure someone opened my bag, since the Zip was re-positioned. I keep place the Zip on the Top side of the bag, but when I Reach home & tried to Unpack my luggage the Zip was at the Bottom side of my Bag.
Please take this matter seriously as this was a very special farewell gift for me, and its not about the monitory value of the watch. So please investigate on the issue and find the culprit at the soonest.
This is such a big Shocker for me , especially when it happened while traveling with World's Five Star Airline Qatar Airways. "

This was my initial complaint that I registered against this issue on the same day of this issue. And this airline came back to me with such an irresponsible rejection message on 6th Dec 2016 as below

"Reference to status of your below query, after assessment of your claims by Central Baggage Claims Office in Qatar, we hereby inform you that your claim has been rejected based on the Conditions of Carriage for Qatar Airways Article 9.9.4.

9.4 Acceptance of Baggage by the bearer of the Baggage Check without complaint at the time of delivery is prima facie evidence that the Baggage has been delivered in good condition and in accordance with the Conditions of Contract. Should a customer notice that the baggage is damaged, then he/she must write and complain to the carrier immediately i.e. before leaving the arrival terminal, and, at the latest, within seven days from the date of receipt.

We had tried to call you on 03rd - Saturday but again the line was not going through. Nevertheless, we had taken up the matter this morning too with our baggage department in Qatar but their final decision still remains the same."

This is such a a ridiculous response after several follow ups from my side which is totally baseless. The complaint was registered in the same day, the baggage was not damaged but items were stolen from inside the undamaged bag.

So now I do not know whom or where to Lodge my further complaint. Airlines are just fooling there passengers.

Trust this clarifies."
Posted via Mobile Device

Baggage Problems Theft from baggage US Airways flight 3127 magpie8 Baggage Problems 1 Nov 16, 2012 11:42 AM
Baggage Problems Atlanta Delta baggage theft traveler5 Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Oct 1, 2012 2:00 AM
Baggage Problems theft in delayed baggage AmEagle 4574 ANNIE BORHOUM American Airlines Complaints 0 Sep 16, 2008 2:02 PM