COMPLAINT: Stranded because UAL printed wrong boarding passes.

Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:14 PM
kcmcdevitt kcmcdevitt is offline

Join Date: Jul 2012

- Our original 6am flight was cancelled without explanation (it was ON TIME as of 11pm the previous night).

- United's original solution was to book us the next day.

- Our travel company informed us that a Delta flight was open and departing at 630. We asked United to book us on that flight. They obliged.

- When we got to our connecting flight, we discovered that the Untied agent had not printed our boarding passed correctly. We could not get on the plane or go on (although our luggage did). We were stranded in Atlanta.

- We were hustled to two seperate United desks. No one really wanted to help; they wanted to push us on to someone else, and be his/her problem. We were eventually booked on new flights.

- In all, we were run through 4 airports that day, and still didn't reach our destination. We got there the next day.

- When I complained to United, they offered me a "good will" gesture of $150.

I am considering legal action. United is not a member of the Better Business Bureau (shocker!), so that's not an option.

Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:51 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

Im going to start out by saying im actually suprised that united rebooked you on a delta flight considering they aren't partners or in the same alliance. and that also explains your boarding pass problem. United cant print boarding passes for delta, just like delta cant print them for american. they need to be in the same alliance or codeshares. (you can print out a united and lufthansa boarding pass...they are both in star alliance)
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:13 PM
kcmcdevitt kcmcdevitt is offline

Join Date: Jul 2012

We started at a small airport (Lehigh Valley in Allentown, PA). The United desk and the Delta desk were right next to each other. The United Agent walked down to the Delta desk and came back with the boarding passes. The passes from Allentown to Atlanta were perfect. When we got to Atlanta, our passes were for a flight from Dulles.

But what you say makes a TON of sense. In Atlanta, Delta employees had ZERO interest in helping us, and pushed us back to United.

Originally Posted by cortney View Post
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:31 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

oh! i see. i didnt realize it was for the wrong airport. Delta is basically good for nothing. I was shocked my flights were actually good when i flew them to alaska. I cringe when my company books me on a delta flight

Austrian Airlines Wrong Judgement Denied Boarding proven was a mistake mm7977 Austrian Airlines Complaints 19 Sep 2, 2011 6:21 PM
Customer Service Unable to print boarding passes judith coppa American Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 7, 2011 6:44 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Overbooked/Double printed/Baggage cram brklyn_ny American Airlines Complaints 8 Apr 22, 2009 8:21 PM
Mexicana - Attendant Ripped Boarding Passes Up in My Face yabadabajudith Other Airline Complaints 7 Mar 23, 2009 3:10 PM