Tools...

Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:19 AM

Thumbs down Waiting months for miles and double miles promotion to be credited

Unfortunately I am experiencing dreadful, dreadful customer service from Etihad Guest too, and it looks like airlinecomplaints and Cazzi are my only help, as contacting Etihad Guest just seems pointless at this stage.

My situation: Last year, there was a promotion for double points on all return flights from Australia to Ireland in 2012. Great, I've flown Etihad a few times, so booked MEL->AUH->DUB return for April/May 2012. I also upgraded my last flight (AUH->MEL) to Business. Easy, right?

Three months later, several emails (some unanswered for weeks), and telephone calls (more than half an hour on hold), I've finally managed to get only the first three flights (but not the last flight) credited, and the double points have so far only been applied to the first two flights. I'm still waiting for the points for my last flight, and for the double points to be applied to my last two flights.

The customer service to date has been absolutely appalling. To make matters worse, the customer service staff aren't properly briefed on the various promotions on offer - I ended up in an email argument with one agent who said the double points promotion I had registered for was only valid for the first 3 months of 2012 - luckily I had saved a copy of the terms and conditions that I could forward to her!

I have to say, I'm starting to get sickened when Etihad trumpet their latest Skytrax awards etc when loyal customers like me are being treated so poorly. If this service doesn't improve quickly, I will be encouraging people to vote against Etihad in future international airline ratings.

If anyone in Etihad would like to help, my Etihad Guest number is xxxxx. The two (long) email cases related to all of the above are INTR: 8585414 and ACCT: 703115.

I will keep everyone on here updated with what happens. The really sad thing is that I've had mostly good experiences flying Etihad, but their frequent flyer customer service has destroyed almost any goodwill I had.

Last edited by jimworcs; Jul 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: ID removed for security reasons
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:55 AM
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Hi nightice,

Thank you for your post.

I have passed this across to our Etihad Guest Department, who will be in contact shortly. May I suggest for your security, that you remove your Etihad Guest Number from your post. Better safe than sorry

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Cazzi B
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:32 AM

Thanks Cazzi,

Good idea - I've tried editing my post, but don't see any options that allow me to - can anyone help?

I really hate that this experience has made me one of those people who lodges complaints like this, so I'll be very grateful if you can help sort it out!
Old Jul 23, 2012, 11:39 PM

Post edited...
Old Jul 25, 2012, 5:36 AM

Thanks jimworcs!

So, quick update... I was pleased to get an email from Etihad Guest the same day I made my original post. They promised that they would follow up on my case straight away.

Confusingly, however, the also asked the following "Since you have not received the card processed in 2010, please provide your complete postal address or an alternative postal address in order for us to facilitate a card replacement request."

Now, I do have my Etihad Guest card, it was sent out to me when I joined a few years ago. My postal address is also still linked to my account (I checked this online). So I'm not sure why I've been asked this question.

I responded, saying I already have the card. That was two days ago, so looks like the waiting has started again...
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:03 AM

So.....

.... two weeks later, and I haven't heard a thing from Etihad again. I really believed something was finally going to be done, but I haven't heard anything since the last post.

What a shame Etihad's Frequent Flyer program is letting down its customers, it really must put off a lot of people from ever wanting to become frequent flyers.

Will continue to update (if there are any updates).

More options...