Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:04 AM
vrb vrb is offline

Join Date: Oct 2007
Default Case of the dissapearing bag

I arrived on U. S. Airways on 9/13/07 in Philadelphia from Spain. I got bumped and placed on a United flight to Ohare intl. in Chicago. I had both my luggage cases and my luggage ticket checked into the United flight. Upon arrival in Chicago I was informed that both my bags were scanned but only one bag came out.
After waiting 2 hours I filed a claim for lost baggage. It contained all my clothes and souveniers and gifts that I purchased in Spain. The bag was distinctive because airline personell in Madrid had damaged the bag and wrapped it tightly in red and white tape. Also it was a large black bag.
After waiting 2 days I called the United customer service line and was told they were still searching for the bag. I gave them a further description of the contents of the bag. I called again after one week and was told I would receive a claim form so I could file a claim for lost luggage. I was told it would arrive in about 7 days. On September 30 I called again to find out about the form. I was then told I could have pulled up the form via internet. Something they had never mentioned before. I told the rep. I could not print up the form but I gave them my brother-in-laws work e-mail to e-mail the form. We were told it would arrive within 24 hours. As of today-10/2/07, I have not received either the form by mail or e-mail.I even returned to the airport today to see if someone could help but no one could. In this day of modern communication I find it hard to believe that United can;t get me a simple form to file a claim. The contents in my bag are worth in excess of $5000.00. I feel totally ignored by united. If anyone at United is reading this, my claim number is us994408. I will never fly United again. [/b]

Customer Service Man Wins Racial Profiling Case against American Airlines AirlineComplaints.org American Airlines Complaints 0 Jan 18, 2007 12:55 AM