Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:36 PM
Thieves and Robbers Thieves and Robbers is offline

Join Date: Feb 2010
Default Air Canada... Are they a bunch of Robbers and Thieves?

I recently cancelled my paid ticket... First, I was told I would get back the taxes I paid on the ticket apx. $122.

Whwn I got the confirmation email back from Air Canada, the amount was lowered to $45...

I called them up and was told that you don't get back the HST tax of $70.

I said "WHY"?

They said, we keep it and send it to the government...

I said you bunch of thieves... Give me back all the money I paid in taxes on the ticket....

Last edited by Thieves and Robbers; Feb 14, 2010 at 1:39 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:30 AM
Survivor Survivor is offline
Air Canada Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta

The quick explanation of how the Tax Act works:
If you buy a non-refundable good/service the Gov gets the applicable tax. This applies to all retailers - not just airlines.
If any of the components that make up the total cost are refundable you get it - and the applicable tax for that amount back.
The Airport Improvement Fee, Canadian Air Trans Tax are all that are refundable when you buy a non-refundable ticket. My bigger concern is whether the discussion of holding it as a credit was held?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:33 PM
Kymm Kymm is offline

Join Date: Apr 2010

The government are a bunch of theives
Old Feb 22, 2011, 7:57 AM
frozenpuck frozenpuck is offline

Join Date: Feb 2011

The Air Canada jokers will scre you every which way they can. 75.00 to sit in an emergency row, so i have to pay them to help in the case of emergency...what a joke. And if you need to change your return date for whatever reason, they start to salivate over how much they can gouge you for that. What a bunch of jokers.

LAN Airways, liars and thieves Juliemann Other Airline Complaints 7 Jul 18, 2010 9:43 PM
Baggage Problems Jetblue are a BUNCH of THIEFS stgenchev JetBlue Airways Complaints 9 Apr 3, 2009 11:15 AM
Baggage Problems Thieves handling your carry-on luggage. LaDiana64 American Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 9, 2007 4:34 PM