Reservations
COMPLAINT: AA lies about unused tickets policy IT IS LESS THEN A Year

Old Nov 11, 2008, 1:42 AM
MikhailH5 MikhailH5 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2008

I purchased my tickets for a flight scheduled on Nov 19th last year and I was told by the reservations rep that If I don't use it w/n a year I will have $350 credit to apply toward another flight. What I was not told is that it had to be done in less then a year from the purchase Date of the ticket Not the flight date! I found that out when I had to purchase a ticket this year on Nov 7th. Sue Martin, a supervisor, made a "huge consession" by allowing me to use the credit from my last ticket anyway with a $150 penalty (since I was under a year from actual flight date), however, she put in a wrong return date! This was done on Fri night with a confirmation email to follow w/n 4-8 hours. When I discovered the error on Mon, Sue Martin made a big deal out of consessions she made and charged me another 99 dollars for a change due to her own error!! I was further told that I was supposed to check my email right after it hit my email. (sometime after 12 am Fri night) Thus I paid 249 dollars in penalties. The number she gave ( 817-963-1234) is of little value. So we, the customers, are assumed to be checking our email on the weekend, but the airline headquaters reserves the luxury of addressing our concerns only during business hours Dallas time!

Old Nov 12, 2008, 4:43 AM
airhead airhead is offline

It seems to me that you purchased the ticket on Nov. 7 last year. That is why you had to take care of the booking by that same date this year. How did you do this booking? At a ticket counter or on the phone? The airline makes every reasonable attempt to notify the customer about confirmations to make sure errors are not made or corrected in decent time frame. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Here is a link that may provide further information about the policy.

about 3/4 of the way down their is a subsection "period of validity" that states the issue you are addressing.

Reservations Unused Tickets not honored mgarcia Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Aug 27, 2009 7:41 PM
Customer Service Lies Lies Lies disturbingfurniture Customer Service 7 Jun 6, 2008 12:44 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Cancellations and LIES jharbinal American Airlines Complaints 1 Apr 11, 2008 5:10 PM
Check-in / Boarding lies spindlelurcher United Airlines Complaints 1 Feb 17, 2008 3:18 AM