Had any problems with your baggage on Continental Airlines?

Items STOLEN from gate check baggage!

Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:49 AM
PGSWAG PGSWAG is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

My carry-on baggage had to be checked at the entrance to the plane of my first flight in San Antonio, Tx because there was no more overhead room. I connected flights in Houston, Tx destined for McAllen, Tx. When I made it to my final destination, my Georgio Armani case that also contained my spectacles was missing! I filed a complaint with Continental about an hour after I arrived to my final destination. I've been advised to file a claim and mail or fax in. I am so upset about this matter and know I will never retrieve these items. The spectacles were one of a kind and someone stole them out of what was suppose to be my carry-on baggage! My flights on 1/24 were CO1778 & CO1621.

Last edited by PGSWAG; Jan 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM. Reason: Add flight information

Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:41 AM

This happens again and again...this area needs regulation. The thieves need to be accountable... they seem to be getting off scot free. You should file a police complaint.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:48 AM
PGSWAG PGSWAG is offline

Join Date: Jan 2011

Should I file the police complaint at the destination city? I'm only visiting for a week.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:51 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

Hopefully, you took a lot of pictures of the damage. If you no longer have the receipts, go online and find the items, and print out the pages. Showing the items and the cost. It may not be exactly what you paid, but close enough to file a claim. Also, take it to small claims court.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:14 PM

Yes, I would file it at the destination city, as this is where you discovered the theft.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 3:39 PM
Researcher Researcher is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010
Send a message via Yahoo to Researcher

I would like to know the final resolution for this case.
Researcher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baggage Problems Emirates - stolen items from check-in baggage!!! farahnas Emirates Complaints 7 Feb 3, 2013 3:11 PM
Baggage Problems Stolen Items from my Baggage djavaxk1970 Delta Air Lines Complaints 4 Jun 17, 2010 9:34 PM
Baggage Problems Items stolen from GATE CHECKED baggage Inkedadeal United Airlines Complaints 23 Jul 10, 2009 5:37 PM
Baggage Problems Items stolen by baggage handlers from carry on jessi9260 Baggage Problems 9 Jun 4, 2009 12:41 AM
Baggage Problems Items Stolen from Baggage back in August Chris323 Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 2 Mar 4, 2008 3:38 PM