Baggage Problems

Had any problems with your baggage on Continental Airlines?

Baggage Problems
Items STOLEN from gate check baggage!

Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:49 AM

My carry-on baggage had to be checked at the entrance to the plane of my first flight in San Antonio, Tx because there was no more overhead room. I connected flights in Houston, Tx destined for McAllen, Tx. When I made it to my final destination, my Georgio Armani case that also contained my spectacles was missing! I filed a complaint with Continental about an hour after I arrived to my final destination. I've been advised to file a claim and mail or fax in. I am so upset about this matter and know I will never retrieve these items. The spectacles were one of a kind and someone stole them out of what was suppose to be my carry-on baggage! My flights on 1/24 were CO1778 & CO1621.

Last edited by PGSWAG; Jan 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM. Reason: Add flight information
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:41 AM

This happens again and again...this area needs regulation. The thieves need to be accountable... they seem to be getting off scot free. You should file a police complaint.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:48 AM

Should I file the police complaint at the destination city? I'm only visiting for a week.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:51 PM

Hopefully, you took a lot of pictures of the damage. If you no longer have the receipts, go online and find the items, and print out the pages. Showing the items and the cost. It may not be exactly what you paid, but close enough to file a claim. Also, take it to small claims court.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:14 PM

Yes, I would file it at the destination city, as this is where you discovered the theft.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 3:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Researcher

I would like to know the final resolution for this case.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.