COMPLAINT: Luggage missing

Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:56 PM

Greetings

On Thursday 14th my mother flew to Mauritius from Paris through your airline.As she arrived in Mauritius she found out that her luggage was not boarded on the plane.She filled all the necessary documents at Mauritius airport and the next day the airline contacted her and told her that if not Saturday then Sunday her luggage will be delivered to her house in Grand Baie.On Saturday she contacted the airline and asked them if the luggage has arrived or will be arriving and they told her that it might come in one week or in two.They told her to spent 100 euros for her necessities and that she will be refunded.
First of all my mother is a cancer patient and all her medication is in that suitcase.Secondly,you obviously are insulting her asking to spent 100 euros.What is she going to buy with that amount? clothes? shoes? medication?
I demand that someone contacts me right away I will provide all the necessary information that will identify her luggage.
This is a disgrace for Air France.You are jeopardizing my mother's health above all and It wont be tolerated.Her health is priority one and she needs her medication yesterday.
I hope that you will see the urgent of the matter and contact me immediately

Regards

Cynthia Tzitzis

Old Mar 17, 2013, 6:57 PM

Cancer medicine in checked luggage. 'nuff said right there.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:07 PM

Join Date: Mar 2013

Yes she kept the medicine she needed for the flight and put everything else in the suitcase.Whats wrong with that?Do you take all your medication with you on board???
And frankly I don't get it.Is it my mother's fault the airline didn't put the luggage on the plane?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:21 PM
cortney cortney is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

my mom (cancer survivor) always took ALL her meds with her on the aircraft. you NEVER know what can happen. what happens if the bag could be gone for good? My grandma (when she moved from florida to Illinois) packed every single medication she takes in her carry on. hope your mother gets her bag soon
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:54 PM

It's your mother's fault she put medication in a checked bag. A very basic no-no.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:09 PM

Directly from Air France's website...........

Below is a list of items best transported in the cabin:

valuable items: keys, mobile telephones (turned off), ID papers, important documents, money, valuable objects, jewelry, etc.,
necessities: medicine, for example,
fragile items: cameras, IT material (turned off), artwork, dishes, etc.

But I'm sure she couldn't be bothered to look that up.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:49 PM

Join Date: Mar 2013

My mother left for 2 months...seriously you don't expect her to carry 2 months of medication on her purse.And yes she travels so often for many many years now and due to her condition she knows everything about what she should have with her.I wonder though....instead of telling what her rights are, left in an island with nothing of her own...you are telling me about her medication.Do you have anything serious to say or if not you might as well say nothing.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:54 PM

Anything said here is not serious. This site is a joke. There is nothing that can help you here on this site. You're not even the traveler so you have no complaint here, anyway.

And yes, I do expect a traveler who has a medical condition to carry their medicine with them. If they don't, they will end up on crap sites like this complaining about an airline when they should look in the mirror and blame the person staring back at them for the error.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:57 PM

Join Date: Mar 2013

Or call themselves The judge while former airline employee....I do wonder...did you get fired???
Thank you for all your advice to everyone
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:12 PM

I went on a trip and never came back to work. I had enough of people after 20 years of dealing with whiners. So technically, on paper, yup I was fired. However, I quit and didn't tell them is the true case.

You're welcome for the advice. I could give some but I don't see the point in helping people that don't take responsibility for their own actions.

air france, luggage, missing

Malaysia Airlines - missing check-in luggage dtruong Other Airline Complaints 0 Dec 2, 2012 1:55 PM
Baggage Problems Missing Luggage RachelJane American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 16, 2008 3:02 PM
Baggage Problems Missing luggage Seeking respect/honesty American Airlines Complaints 0 Feb 4, 2008 7:02 PM
Baggage Problems Cancelled Flight, missing luggage Harold Reed Baggage Problems 1 Oct 8, 2007 6:47 PM
Baggage Problems Missing Luggage missingluggage Southwest Airlines Complaints 0 Mar 19, 2007 2:14 AM