COMPLAINT: United Strikes Again!

Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:17 PM
jamminjohn303 jamminjohn303 is offline

Join Date: Apr 2017

First the flight was over an hour late leaving because of weight issues, they kept taking on and off mail to balance the plane and try to get to maximum weight (I assume to maximize profit), several of us noticed that the take off seemed very heavy, and hard to get off the ground. Then about a couple of hours into the flight, we discovered that we had been rerouted over Texas due to storms, that would have just been nice to know... After heavy turbulence and electrical fumes in the cabin, we had to make an emergency landing in Lubbock Texas. Roughly about 42000 feet in 10 minutes. Then upon landing and being greeted by the airport fire department, we were stuck on the plane as they figured out how to deplane us without the plane tipping due to loading issues. We then were stuck at a closed Lubbock Texas airport for a few hours to be told by a United agent they have mechanics on to try to resolve the issue, and possibly re-board the damaged plane. Quite a few passengers expressed they would not re-board an plane that made an emergency landing. Then shortly later reported that a new plane was coming from Houston. Once the plane arrived, we sat at the gate for another 45-60 minutes while they tried to balance the weight of the plane, and to add insult to injury, once we finally arrived to Denver at 2am, we are stuck on the plane again due to a jetway malfunction... So after 13+ hours of chaos, physical and emotional exhaustion, no food besides biscotti crackers and a soda, I get an email from United Airlines that thinks the appropriate compensation for their negligence and chaos is a $150 travel voucher... In my opinion due to the weight issues at the gate in ATL and the storms even over the re-routed area, I believe that United is very negligent in this matter and caused a lot of passengers undue physical and emotional exhaustion. At the very minimum I would expect a refund of the ticket for breach of contract, and a complimentary flight to make up for the whole experience. If this is not resolved, I will no longer fly united airlines, Cancel my mileage plus personal and business visa cards, as well as my mileage plus account. as United seems to have constant issues with proper maintenance of the aircrafts, and customer service in the face of adversity...
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg IMG_9738.jpg (11.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9737.jpg (9.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8299.jpg (85.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3721.jpg (88.1 KB, 4 views)

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked AA Strikes Again! Leaves me Stranded Michael Hamm American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 13, 2016 4:11 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Air france and strikes: do not fly AF during summer Stanis Air France Complaints 1 Aug 8, 2011 9:02 AM
Customer Service Northwest strikes again!I too had a bad experiences with NWA jenniferq Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Apr 26, 2007 12:08 PM