Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Lost Flight Because Of Passport Expiring 4 months after our return

Old May 14, 2017, 5:16 PM

I had booked my ticket several months ago, around january. I was not notified or informed in any way while booking that a passport needed to be valid (not expired) for 6 months after arrival. I was only told at check in about my 9 year old's passport.
The 3 of us had to cancel our flight (2 children and myself). While my husband was overseas waiting for us. Not only were we unable to fly and treated very badly by the manager at the ticket counter, but I was unable to rebook on the spot and I even tried calling Lufthansa while standing at the ticket counter. I was put on hold for a very long time that they said it was too late to rebook the flight.
I am looking for any time type of compensation or way of rebooking. It's not right that we find out about a new policy only at check out not while booking or sharing passport information.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook