COMPLAINT: Downgrade on Missed Flight

Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:04 PM
Hotbroker Hotbroker is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

My wife and I just completed a trip to Europe using AA partners in First/Business Class. On our return flight from Brussels on Jet air (great service) they were 2 1/2 hours late. Needless to say we missed our Newark connection to Dallas. All the agent would say was of course it was not their problem or fault. They put us on a flight three hours later in coach. Do I have a complaint to get my miles back for the leg we had to fly coach?

Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:30 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

You used Jet Air from Brussels to Newark, and then your connecting flight was AA to DFW? Ok, the agent is correct; Jet Air being late for whatever reason has nothing to do with AA, and AA is not at fault or responsible. They did what they could to get you home, and that meant coach. I'm thinking that you accepted coach because you wanted to get home, and not wait for a later flight with 1st class available.

I do think you have a case to get your miles back, however.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:50 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Originally Posted by Gromit801 View Post

I do think you have a case to get your miles back, however.
Actually the fact that Jet Airways was late does factor into this since I'm assuming this was all part of one award. The fact that it was an international business award may work against the OP as well. AA might say that since the international portion of the return trip was flown in business class they are owed nothing. If they do something for you I wouldn't expect much. They will probably just deposit some bonus miles, a couple of thousand perhaps, back into your account.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:25 AM
airhead airhead is offline

I see a $50 voucher coming their way. I hope I am wrong. The value of those things are at best, face value minus $30.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:44 AM
Hotbroker Hotbroker is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

I was able to get 15,00o miles and 6 upgrades. I decided to take it an run.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:43 PM
AirlinesMustPay AirlinesMustPay is offline
Account Closed

Well done.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:39 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Originally Posted by Hotbroker View Post
I was able to get 15,00o miles and 6 upgrades. I decided to take it an run.
Congrats on the 15K miles but good luck trying to use the upgrades!

Swiss Air - Downgrade on missed connection and related Yamyam flyer Swiss Air Complaints 1 Jul 12, 2010 3:27 PM
Check-in / Boarding Baggage check-in - Almost missed the flight memphis mom Delta Air Lines Complaints 6 Aug 3, 2009 7:20 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight delayed, missed connection, was not compensated sammy Delta Air Lines Complaints 3 Sep 3, 2007 8:48 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight missed nothappyjen Southwest Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 26, 2007 12:32 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Canceled flight, missed connection, terminal changes (2x) bandparent American Airlines Complaints 1 Feb 5, 2007 12:03 AM