Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Downgrade on Missed Flight

Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:04 PM

My wife and I just completed a trip to Europe using AA partners in First/Business Class. On our return flight from Brussels on Jet air (great service) they were 2 1/2 hours late. Needless to say we missed our Newark connection to Dallas. All the agent would say was of course it was not their problem or fault. They put us on a flight three hours later in coach. Do I have a complaint to get my miles back for the leg we had to fly coach?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:30 PM

You used Jet Air from Brussels to Newark, and then your connecting flight was AA to DFW? Ok, the agent is correct; Jet Air being late for whatever reason has nothing to do with AA, and AA is not at fault or responsible. They did what they could to get you home, and that meant coach. I'm thinking that you accepted coach because you wanted to get home, and not wait for a later flight with 1st class available.

I do think you have a case to get your miles back, however.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gromit801 View Post
You used Jet Air from Brussels to Newark, and then your connecting flight was AA to DFW? Ok, the agent is correct; Jet Air being late for whatever reason has nothing to do with AA, and AA is not at fault or responsible. They did what they could to get you home, and that meant coach. I'm thinking that you accepted coach because you wanted to get home, and not wait for a later flight with 1st class available.

I do think you have a case to get your miles back, however.
Actually the fact that Jet Airways was late does factor into this since I'm assuming this was all part of one award. The fact that it was an international business award may work against the OP as well. AA might say that since the international portion of the return trip was flown in business class they are owed nothing. If they do something for you I wouldn't expect much. They will probably just deposit some bonus miles, a couple of thousand perhaps, back into your account.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:25 AM
Former Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

I see a $50 voucher coming their way. I hope I am wrong. The value of those things are at best, face value minus $30.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:44 AM

I was able to get 15,00o miles and 6 upgrades. I decided to take it an run.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:43 PM
Account Closed

Well done.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hotbroker View Post
I was able to get 15,00o miles and 6 upgrades. I decided to take it an run.
Congrats on the 15K miles but good luck trying to use the upgrades!