Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: LOT Stranded Me in Chicago

Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:35 AM

I have had a complaint filed with LOT Polish Airlines since late September 2018 for needlessly delaying our flight from Warsaw to Chicago, then doing NOTHING at all to help many of us onboard catch our connections home from O'Hare, most of which were the last flights of the night.

We saw in Warsaw with a plane at the gate for 1.5 hours for no apparent reason except some security types boarded the empty plane and didn't come out for over an hour. We were later told it was delayed waiting for passengers from another flight to arrive, so someone was lying.

Either way, the delay from WAW to ORD (which seems to be on every flight in either direction) caused many missed connections in O'Hare.

The only assistance was from United Airlines, which was the carrier many of us had going home once we were in Chicago.

I and others were forced to either sleep overnight in the airport or get a hotel room. United's agent said their standard for assisting passengers was $200/night and $10/meal, but they said they couldn't help us since the inbound flight was LOT's, not theirs, and to contact LOT's customer service with our issue once we returned home.

I have contacted LOT several times by phone and by email and have a complaint tracking number, but they are clearly stonewalling here.

All this was after having traveled the 10 hours from WAW to ORD with NO ENTERTAINMENT in our row (and apparently others as well). They did not even give us extra food/drinks/vouchers for the inconvenience.

Just a very poorly-run airline with horrendous customer service.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
delayed flight, missed connection